the Dark Side is a strong force with which to be reckoned

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
No, not using a car tire on a motorcycle rim, the 'other' Dark Side for VMax riders... or any Japanese-manufactured motorcycle owners:confused2:

It's got 4300 miles! '96 FLSTN originally over $20K out the door from Phil Peterson's H-D in Miami, back-when there were 'waiting lists,' and if you didn't trade in another bike they made you buy $2K in accessories or a similarly-priced 'chrome package' to be granted the privilege to take one home. :damn angry: It's got the showroom-floor cardboard 'handlebar tag,' owner's manual, and the original invoice.

Halfway thru switching out the grey/green OEM tins for something more-cheerful and Floridian color-schemed. Fifty-eight rompin,' stompin' H.P.

Attachments

• Yosemite-Wheels thru History 285.jpg
    Yosemite-Wheels thru History 285.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Yosemite-Wheels thru History 283.jpg
    Yosemite-Wheels thru History 283.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Yosemite-Wheels thru History 281.jpg
    Yosemite-Wheels thru History 281.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 58
Nice looking scooter Fire man!!............Sure didn't see much use in the past 18 years, rubber components in good shape?..............I like the windsock backdrop!...................Tom.

lol, Very nice looking.
I can think of half a dozen different Harleys I would love to own.
Maybe a full bagger Street Glide
The new XR1200X
The Crossbones
A Sportster I can turn into an old School bobber with a Softtail styled suspension and springer front end....

Yeah... I am curious what you'll do with your newest purchase
pinkiehappy.png

Nice looking scooter Fire man!!............Sure didn't see much use in the past 18 years, rubber components in good shape?..............I like the windsock backdrop!...................Tom.

I replaced the rubber because of its age, and I eyeballed the brake hoses for the same reason, no apparent issues there for now, but I will keep an eye on them.

The original owner is still around, a businessman who got into the 'Harley thing,' but didn't use his 'ticket to ride w/The Motor Company.' Its second owner needed $$ in a hurry (sadly, he had to get a scooter instead) and a friend who has his own shop told me about it.

The backdrop is The Wellington FL Aero Club, http://www.aeroclubwellington.com/listings.html my riding buddy w/whom I grew-up by the shore of Lake Ontario lives in another part of Wellington, he's an HVAC master license holder and is really-into H-D's. He has a 1980 Lowrider he bought new & still has, and a pair of iron-barrel vintage Sportsters he's been acquiring parts for forever, his den is like a shrine to the H-D successor to the K Model. He has all these new & refurbished parts in plastic wrap and cloth bags. I keep suggesting that he make one into a stone-stock build, and take it to shows. The other has a stroker motor.

My buddy w/the independent H-D shop went thru it before it changed hands, it needed the rubber & a battery, and I put HH front pads and a newer caliper on the front to beef-up its stopping power a bit. Pretty-much close to stock, I would say. I have a lot of acquaintances who are H-D owners, two who own their own shops by me, so maybe it won't be necessary to subject myself to the dealership 'experience,' except to visit the parts counter now & then.

Nice find.

I had a 98' Road King for a few years, very pleasant bike to ride......as long as your not in a hurry. :)

Nice bike! I do want to own a Harley one day. I like the look of the Softail Slim.

Latest posts

Back