The rare Cop.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FREERIDER

Reaction score
So even I who has dislike and little respect for Cops has come across a couple of good ones. Like on Sunday when I was taking the kids up to there mom. Baby momma called to say she was at the meeting spot, so while i had her on the phone I tried to ask her about some of important issues between us and got nothing but bitchy gripe and hung up on. :bang head:.
That made me kinda mad so the right foot goes down some and up to 80 we're rolling. OF COURSE theres a cop on side of the highway right there and he see's me slow down with a tap of the brakes and a hit of the overdrive button to pull us down.
Bam pulled over.
He asks for the usual, but I screwed up and left the reg in the folder from getting my new insurance the other day. So I dont have the registration or insurance with me, but I assure him everything is in line and legit. He heads back to his car, and in a minute I can see him writing the ticket. :bang head::bang head:
Man I gotta go talk to this guy. So I open my door some and lean out looking at him. He sees me and gives the wave to go ahead and come on over. I get out and walk over towards him lifting up my jacket and showing him the pocket knife on my right side. He nods in apperovement. I tell him that he caught me slippin while mad at my exwife. And I explain that Ive been really good about keeping my license since getting it back last yr. and that if I get another ticket I will lose it again and that would put me back greatly.
Officer agrees and says he'll give me a break on the speeding and just give me a fix it ticket for the insurance and registration. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Moral of the story,
when dealing with cops always speak honestly, respectfully and to the point.
No bullshit story of why your speeding.
Its rare that they give me a break, but its greatly appreciated when they do.

FREERIDER

So even I who has dislike and little respect for Cops has come across a couple of good ones. Like on Sunday when I was taking the kids up to there mom. Baby momma called to say she was at the meeting spot, so while i had her on the phone I tried to ask her about some of important issues between us and got nothing but bitchy gripe and hung up on. :bang head:.
That made me kinda mad so the right foot goes down some and up to 80 we're rolling. OF COURSE theres a cop on side of the highway right there and he see's me slow down with a tap of the brakes and a hit of the overdrive button to pull us down.
Bam pulled over.
He asks for the usual, but I screwed up and left the reg in the folder from getting my new insurance the other day. So I dont have the registration or insurance with me, but I assure him everything is in line and legit. He heads back to his car, and in a minute I can see him writing the ticket. :bang head::bang head:
Man I gotta go talk to this guy. So I open my door some and lean out looking at him. He sees me and gives the wave to go ahead and come on over. I get out and walk over towards him lifting up my jacket and showing him the pocket knife on my right side. He nods in apperovement. I tell him that he caught me slippin while mad at my exwife. And I explain that Ive been really good about keeping my license since getting it back last yr. and that if I get another ticket I will lose it again and that would put me back greatly.
Officer agrees and says he'll give me a break on the speeding and just give me a fix it ticket for the insurance and registration. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Moral of the story,
when dealing with cops always speak honestly, respectfully and to the point.
No bullshit story of why your speeding.
Its rare that they give me a break, but its greatly appreciated when they do.

FREERIDER

Hey Freerider thats great, congrats! I as well ran into some trouble a couple months ago when the weather broke up here in Chicago. First night out on the max on my way home from meeting up with my buddy, nice cold night (about 40) and the bike was running well. Hit the bottom of the on ramp WOT through the top of 3rd into 4th and saw the cherries blazin way back. He was on the top of the hill behind me and I knew he had me on the gun so I slowed down and waited for him to catch up, right up on my tail, I was done. Shut down, helmet off and had my PW ready while he came up. His first question was "you know how fast you were going"? My reply was "no honestly I don't, this was my first time out this season and I was having trouble getting this bike to run right. Not sure if its dirty carbs or a sync issue but I can't seem to get this thing to run right"... His response was "what year is the Vmax, did you try running some seafom through it yet". He then recommended that I check the float levels. He was a rider, but he had a partner with him who did not look happy standing outside the squad. After we talked for a couple more minuites he said he would see what he could do for me "maybe 20 over" and then he looked in the direction of his partner and said "maybe 30 and chuckled".

He came back and said " I wrote you for 30 over, do you know how fast you were going"??? "I had you at 112 slowing down and if I write you for that its cuffs and impound"... My reply was obviously "thank you"!

I just went to court last week and $600.00 later I got supervision, a blessing and sure beats the alternative. This week the Governor is signing a new law that makes 30 over less than 40 a class B mis automatic no supervision. Glad I missed that one.

There are some good ones out there, glad you ran into one!

Hip, hip, hooray! Congratulations on that narrow miss.

Never worked for me, but it's good to see a success story now and again.

Last week a friend of mine on a GS 1200 was trying to outrun a thunderstorm in Tennessee on an interstate and get home just a few miles away without having to stop and put on his rain gear. Got stopped by an officer and my friend was totally honest and told him why he was doing over 90. Cop ran his license and saw that he had a clean driving record.

Cop came back after running his info and gave him just a warning.

I actually got out of a 90mph speeding ticket once cause of my bad record was so bad. The cop said he had never seen such a bad driving record so he thought it would be better to give me a warning cause he thought a ticket wouldnt do any good. Made my buddy drive the rest of the way into Barstow and told us to go eat somewhere and then head on into Vegas.
FR

I ONLY LIKE TALKING TO YOU GUY'S :confused2:, SO I'D RATHER JUST " RUN THEM " ! ... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: PLUS ME AND THE POOOLICE , JUST DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH IN COMMON ! ... I'D RATHER THEY TALK ABOUT ME WHEN . I'M " NOT THERE " GET IT ? ...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

THE THING I HATE MOST ABOUT THOSE NEW HIGH INTENSITY LED POLICE LIGHT BARS IS , IT TAKES ABOUT 5-10 MORE SECONDS FOR THEM TO FADE FROM MY MIRRORS ! .. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I play the game of Get Away. Whether that mean sweet talk em or out run em. The number one goal is to get away with it. If only some of them knew what was really going on.

I play the game of Get Away. Whether that mean sweet talk em or out run em. The number one goal is to get away with it. If only some of them knew what was really going on.
I HEAR THAT , IF THEY COULD READ MY MIND , THEY WOULD JUST SHOOT ME , BUT THEN AGAIN , SO WOULD MY WIFE ! ... :biglaugh::confused2::rofl_200:

I HEAR THAT , IF THEY COULD READ MY MIND , THEY WOULD JUST SHOOT ME , BUT THEN AGAIN , SO WOULD MY WIFE ! ... :biglaugh::confused2::rofl_200:
Now this is a real LOL!!!!
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:.
Careful, some of them seem to just know when somethings up. The wife's I mean. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: (and girlfriends).
Take it to the grave.

I swear my wife can read my mind lol guess that's what 28 years together gets ya lol
I dont know if its 28yrs together or just a real connection. My Xgirlfriend just knew when I was up to something, even better then my Xwife. :ummm:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Same here..

Ehh, I have yet to encounter one of the cool cops. Last summer when I got pulled over for 72 in a 55 (at like 1am on a deserted back road), the cop was a total douche and was just looking for some reason to give me more tickets. Even checked the inspection date and tire tread. I managed to stay civil through the whole thing, but his attitude was really pissing me off.

Those goddamn LED light bars now are way too bright at night. I'll be on the highway and a cop has somebody pulled over and the back of their car would put a fireworks show to shame. 10x worse than oncoming with highbeams since you're getting a blast of strobing light right in your face.

I only have bikes now but before I sold my old car, it died in the middle of an intersection at rush hour (charging system issues). I called 911 and asked for a cop to come out and stop traffic before there was an accident. Cop came quickly and instead of standing there looking important, this guy said, "Put it in neutral" and helped me push the damned thing uphill out of the intersection into the nearest parking lot.
As much as I dislike cops, I try to remember how cool this one was to put aside his pride and push a disabled car to re-establish a safe traffic pattern.

Then there was the slightly amused and mostly befuddled state trooper in Kansas last summer who only gave me a warning for 12 over...I didn't know state troopers gave warnings? Maybe the long hair and Georgia accent confused him?

haha we do have a few cool troopers here but just a few :) I got pulled over on a county blacktop for 10 over by our new trooper not long ago and he let me off with a warning. I had my cruise on 65 thinking life was good and he let me know real quick in Kansas unless posted other wise its 55 well at least he let me off lol

The best course of action is to be honest and polite. Don't lie or make stupid excuses, they have heard them all, 100 times before.

Got pulled over a few weeks ago by a local cop for -get this - proceeding through a crosswalk with a pedestrian in it. The pedestrian was one step in the other side of the road. I went through because I was in fear of being smacked by the bimbo on a cell phone tailgaiting me.

The cop was cool. We wound up talking about the Max for a good 20 minutes.
He never even asked for paperwork. I did mention the tailgaiter, and he said he just wanted to have a look at the Max. Seems this bike is well-known around these parts. He was aware it is the one with the really high mileage, and wanted to have a look....

Back