This oughtta put you in the mood

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A race like that should shed a few unwanted pounds from the rider. Looks like fun but too many r's and too much shifting where from one gear to the next the tach only drops 1k. Definitely for the younger set. Anymore I like to see the landscape I ride through and listen to my pipes. I'd get sick of that whine in a hurry and would want my Max back. Too bad we couldn't see how fast they were traveling in the straits.

I have no idea what speed myself but the guy who sent me the link siad about 170-180?????

Redline in 5th or 6th gear.....I dunno

That is the NW 200 superbike road race in Ireland.
Very much like the Isle of Man TT races. No safety barriers or run off roads and lots of stone walls. Those guys are real racers.

broook said:
That is the NW 200 superbike road race in Ireland.
Very much like the Isle of Man TT races. No safety barriers or run off roads and lots of stone walls. Those guys are real racers.
Is that North Wales 200K? That's flying and for about an hour. They sure don't have as many bugs in that area like here in Ohio where some will take your head off at that speed. LOL

The NW stands for North West. Not sure why but it could be because it is the most NWesterly part of Europe and Great Britain.

Awesome video! That's my kinda stuff! That's the R1 the onboard is on. I've got several camera shots of that instrument panel :)

The bike is running over some REALLY rough road, and the jumping in the tach is the back tire losing contact with the road surface. I'd say he's rolling between 160 and 180, depending on which gear he's in. He's good though... he is keeping that motor where it makes power. And the 04 and up R1 wants to be above 10 k.

Nice video... I'll have to keep this!

The sound is redub. or atleast heavy edited. Doesn't sound right for an R1 and there is no wind noise. I'll see if I can get some of the racers I know to have a cam on for Paeroa street races here in February. THAT is some good shit!!

And none of the bikes sound like a cracked up weedeater.

Back