tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to say Metzeler ME880 front and back are the best for wear and traction - wet or dry.

Mike

what are the best tires for my 06 stock max?

not sure what you mean by best ... i have no problem with the stock bridgestones tires.....as far as milage im getting out of them. and they way the bike handles and rides high speed and corners..im happy with them and will get the same tires when the time comes..are you having and problems with your stock tires

Ditto what Mike said--wear and traction. But for me, the biggest plus is the handling--makes Max a different bike. And a BETTER one. Swithced out my stock Dunlops at 8000 miles, and the Metzler's are light years better in every way.

Chris.

not sure what you mean by best ... i have no problem with the stock bridgestones tires.....as far as milage im getting out of them. and they way the bike handles and rides high speed and corners..im happy with them and will get the same tires when the time comes..are you having and problems with your stock tires

Cosign. I had 5k on my stock Bridgestones when I sold my '07. Never had a lick of trouble with them, still plenty of tread left. (Which may tell you how the bike was driven, though.)

Had I not sold the bike, the ME880s were going to go on as replacements, though.

880 are a high milage tire ? good to know ..im surprized the bridgestones feel pretty soft sticky but wear well

880 are a high milage tire ? good to know ..im surprized the bridgestones feel pretty soft sticky but wear well

The 880's are a very high mileage tire. Also very good in the rain. I don't commute on my Max any more, but when I did, I put an unbelievable amount of miles on a set. My riding style has changed so I may be looking at sticky tires for my next set. Radials?

I've got an ME880 170/80/15 on back and have zero issues with it. Seems stickier than the Venom that was on it previously.

I went with the avon venom tires and realy like them. I am not sure if they still make the correct size super venom front anymore.

ME 880's. I have a 120/90/18 in front and a 170/80/15 in the rear. Put about 2500 miles on them since early last month. Love 'em.

ME 880's. I have a 120/90/18 in front and a 170/80/15 in the rear. Put about 2500 miles on them since early last month. Love 'em.
How about that 120/90-18 on the front? I installed that on my '85 and it rubs the bottom of the front fender on the highway. I get melted chunks on top of the fender and then in the radiator. Now the fender has a small spot missing in the front. I just spaced the fender up with washers. Time will tell if it does it again.

I don't have any problems with it. Every now & then it will pick up a small rock and it will scrub the fender, like in a driveway. Not sure about the size as I put these tires on right after purchasing the bike. Can't really compare to stock size. It seems to be fine. I can dig the corners real hard and it doesn't feel like it's trying to push.

Metzler ME880 on the front
Shinko Tourmaster on the rear.

I like how the metzler wears up front with no coupling and fairly smooth balanced tire, not a michelin though I think that will be my next front tire.

The rear is the Shinko Tourmaster.
I have dragraced with this tire and its the ONLY tire that will allow me hammer the max out of my holeshot besides a slick. The first 1000 miles of this tire will stand your ass up at 11oclock when others break loose on the street.
I have driven with this tire in the rain up to 90MPH in a straight line, of course its going to spin if your throttle happy.
I have taken my bike into turns almost hitting the pegs.
Well after this weekend and my 220 mile trip I am seeing cords in the middle of the tire. I got 2900 miles out of this tire.
Ok 2900 miles.. But here is my riding in the past 3 months...

About 20 Passes at the dragstrip, Each pass I do a long smoky burnout..
I guess I have done about 15-25, 200 FT 2nd gear smokey burnouts.
I am sure I could get 7K+ miles out of a Shinko if I rode it slow.

Best of all this tire sells for under 90.00:clapping:

Metzler ME880 on the front
Shinko Tourmaster on the rear.

I like how the metzler wears up front with no coupling and fairly smooth balanced tire, not a michelin though I think that will be my next front tire.

The rear is the Shinko Tourmaster.
I have dragraced with this tire and its the ONLY tire that will allow me hammer the max out of my holeshot besides a slick. The first 1000 miles of this tire will stand your ass up at 11oclock when others break loose on the street.
I have driven with this tire in the rain up to 90MPH in a straight line, of course its going to spin if your throttle happy.
I have taken my bike into turns almost hitting the pegs.
Well after this weekend and my 220 mile trip I am seeing cords in the middle of the tire. I got 2900 miles out of this tire.
Ok 2900 miles.. But here is my riding in the past 3 months...

About 20 Passes at the dragstrip, Each pass I do a long smoky burnout..
I guess I have done about 15-25, 200 FT 2nd gear smokey burnouts.
I am sure I could get 7K+ miles out of a Shinko if I rode it slow.

Best of all this tire sells for under 90.00:clapping:
do you run the 170-80-15? what did you have to do to make it fit?

I worked at a pretty good Yamaha store in the late 70s and early 80s , when the staff gave a shit about customers.. It was great the mechanics knew stuff! I was the manager and we actually kept stuff in stock, wasnt the crappy "special order only" deal they all use now. I bought all the tires and it wasnt uncommon to have a 100 street tires in stock during bike season, Bridgestone, Kenda, Dunlop, Michelin. Yokohama, Continental, even Goodyear. I always stunned me how many Metzlers (even for dirt bikes as well) went out the door and they were some of the most expensive.. Bottom line.. almost any street bike rolls easier, rides smoother and handles waaaaay better than most all other brands.. and they lasted seemingly forever, so said all the buyers. Over the years Ive tried almost every brand, guess what.. no matter how pricey they are, I will save my dough till I can afford a Metzler.

where can I buy a shinko , I work for Goodyear:ummm:

Where can I get a Suzuki I ride a Yamaha :ummm:

LOL Jus F'ing with ya man...

Hmm I dont know I have 3 right at the moment at the house.. Are you running the stock 15 rear wheel:ummm:

Google.com keywords

Shinko Tourmaster :clapping:

I dont know who likes the Venom. Now I am talking about a 170-80-15
That tire was the biggest turd, I took it off after 2 tanks of gas. Yes it looks neat but doesnt hook worth a Chit!! imo

Back