To the mechanics on here - I salute you!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regular Guy

Reaction score
In my short time owning my V-Max I have taken both wheels off, both fenders, the seat, the faux tank (the easiest thing obviously), both rotors and modified the brake light bracket to install an LED tail light. Reassembled it all and life was good. Recently, the clutch has become "the next thing" to figure out. I ordered a slave rebuild kit and the washer in the motor that the rod pushes through is kicking my ass. I almost have it out, hopefully tomorrow it'll release finally.

I am NO MECHANIC and without the help of CaptainKyle I wouldn't have been able to make it as far as I have. He's a good dude, patient doesn't begin to describe him, lol. I know if I were in his shoes and had some dumbass "noob" like me asking questions, I can't say that I'd be as tolerant :biglaugh:

So, thanks for the help Kyle, past, present (and future!) :punk:

To all of the rest of you, searching through this place and reading your posts has been invaluable to a moron like myself, thanks to you ALL for doing what you do and to the actual people that do mechanic work for a living, God bless you, it's a tough gig and y'all have my utmost respect! :worthy:

Just make sure that you thoroughly check-out things like brake systems, clutch release capacity, and throttle cable routing before you take to the road. We don't want to hear about how someone's brakes failed, their clutch didn't disengage, or the throttle stuck wide-open, due to a pinched throttle casing. One of those mistakes could have a tragic ending.

If you're not sure about something involving one of these essential systems, please have it checked-out first by someone who can give you expert advice.

An example: do spaghetti straps make your shoulders look too-big? Ask this expert.

ClickHandler.ashx

In my short time owning my V-Max I have taken both wheels off, both fenders, the seat, the faux tank (the easiest thing obviously), both rotors and modified the brake light bracket to install an LED tail light. Reassembled it all and life was good. Recently, the clutch has become "the next thing" to figure out. I ordered a slave rebuild kit and the washer in the motor that the rod pushes through is kicking my ass. I almost have it out, hopefully tomorrow it'll release finally.

I am NO MECHANIC and without the help of CaptainKyle I wouldn't have been able to make it as far as I have. He's a good dude, patient doesn't begin to describe him, lol. I know if I were in his shoes and had some dumbass "noob" like me asking questions, I can't say that I'd be as tolerant :biglaugh:

So, thanks for the help Kyle, past, present (and future!) :punk:

To all of the rest of you, searching through this place and reading your posts has been invaluable to a moron like myself, thanks to you ALL for doing what you do and to the actual people that do mechanic work for a living, God bless you, it's a tough gig and y'all have my utmost respect! :worthy:
Got to do my slave cylender,mine drips fluid when i pull the leaver.

Just make sure that you thoroughly check-out things like brake systems, clutch release capacity, and throttle cable routing before you take to the road. We don't want to hear about how someone's brakes failed, their clutch didn't disengage, or the throttle stuck wide-open, due to a pinched throttle casing. One of those mistakes could have a tragic ending.

If you're not sure about something involving one of these essential systems, please have it checked-out first by someone who can give you expert advice.

An example: do spaghetti straps make your shoulders look too-big? Ask this expert.

ClickHandler.ashx

It's difficult to make an accurate assessment without a comparison photo....totally strapless, of course! :biglaugh:

It's difficult to make an accurate assessment without a comparison photo....totally strapless, of course! :biglaugh:

It wouldnt matter much anyway if she's leaned over the back of the couch. definitely better looking than the average American celebrity:punk:

I dont think there is another resource anywhere for the Vmax like this one. The stickies alone are worth a fortune.

It wouldnt matter much anyway if she's leaned over the back of the couch. definitely better looking than the average American celebrity:punk:

I dont think there is another resource anywhere for the Vmax like this one. The stickies alone are worth a fortune.
Looks just like an average american celebrity ------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tia_Carrere

Alrighty folks, it's done! I was able to get it all back together and no screws or bolts were left over when I was done, lol!

I will say that for the most part, it was easy. The main thing that gave me fits was the freaking seal in the block like I mentioned above. I was finally able to wrestle it out by using a hobby knife and stabbing it in there around the perimeter and using a pick tool to finally get in behind it and pull it out. I kid you not when I say it took 2 hours of work just to get that one out :bang head:

I took her for a spin and man oh man does she shift smooth! I got my baby back and feel accomplished that I was able to do it (with a helping hand of course).

I wish that I had the sense to take some pictures for those that end up doing it but I can at least act as a resource for anyone that has questions when they do theirs. The least I can do is that.

I couldn't do this full time, too damn tedious for me so more power to you pros!

I am NO MECHANIC and without the help of CaptainKyle I wouldn't have been able to make it as far as I have. He's a good dude, patient doesn't begin to describe him,

Here, here to that!

He sold me a killer bike, spent hours communicating, and even gave me a pep talk before I would attempt to adjust the A/F screws on account of my Max carb fear. :D

Here, here to that!

He sold me a killer bike, spent hours communicating, and even gave me a pep talk before I would attempt to adjust the A/F screws on account of my Max carb fear. :D

Cool deal. This forum is great! I am sure I'll be needing more help at some point and it's nice knowing I can find it here.

Alrighty folks, it's done! I was able to get it all back together and no screws or bolts were left over when I was done, lol!

I will say that for the most part, it was easy. The main thing that gave me fits was the freaking seal in the block like I mentioned above. I was finally able to wrestle it out by using a hobby knife and stabbing it in there around the perimeter and using a pick tool to finally get in behind it and pull it out. I kid you not when I say it took 2 hours of work just to get that one out :bang head:

I took her for a spin and man oh man does she shift smooth! I got my baby back and feel accomplished that I was able to do it (with a helping hand of course).

I wish that I had the sense to take some pictures for those that end up doing it but I can at least act as a resource for anyone that has questions when they do theirs. The least I can do is that.

I couldn't do this full time, too damn tedious for me so more power to you pros!
Good job,am doing mine soon.

Back