Trade my sissybar/rack for your fabrication....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
So here's an interesting proposition....

I took the OEM sissybar/luggage rack off my bike a while ago. I never really cared for the look and never have passengers anyway. It's in perfect condition. However, now I have the gap between the two rear grab bars. I was going to list this up in the FS section(sale, providing the buyer sends me their original grab bar), but figured I've give this a shot first.

I'm looking for someone within say 90mins or so of the Albany area that can help me out with my Odyssey motor swap. Really all I have is basic hand tools and I need to fabricate motor mounts and create some sort of exhaust for it. I'm also back at school, so I don't get a ton of time home to work on it(every couple weekends). A welder, metal saw, drill press, ect would probably make this go pretty quickly and easily, none of which I have. The Yamaha 485 motor is ready to install(has a plate on the bottom of the motor with 4 bolt holes for mounting...pretty basic). It's got a y-pipe but that's it for exhaust. I don't really care if it has the whole expansion chamber, since I've heard these motors run just fine with straight pipes(and a generic silencer). U-turn out of the motor and straight out the back is OK with me. Then it's just hooking up the throttle cable and gas tank, and it's time for a drive.

It's a CVT belt drive, so the only tricky bit is getting motor distance and alignment correct, so I imagine some sort of adjustable mount. I can grab angle iron/bar stock/ect from the scrap pile at work. The frame is already "cleared" and ready to accept the new mounts and motor. There's more than enough room for it.

If someone wants to help me out (seriously I picture the "hard part" of mounting the motor to be an afternoon's job or less with the right tools), I'd be willing to "pay" you with my Yamaha sissybar/luggage rack. I'm sure you all know the prices those fetch on ebay.

If someone would be available this saturday, that would be great since I'll be home this weekend for the rice-o-rama ride. Otherwise, it'd be another few weeks.

I have a stock grabrail....really don't need it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck w/the project, "Ra."

A friend's son had one of those when they 1st came out & he had a lot of fun w/it. If advertising here doesn't work out, you might try approaching the local vo-tech school or high school industrial-arts staff and see if they would take it on. I bet they could get you someone local even if they said, "no thanks."

Ra...is it possible for you to get the buggy to canton??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back