Tragic sign of the times

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way the dairies are ran in my state, the dairy cows are owned by a co-op, ran by other dairies. So, when one dairy starts to have problems, the co-op automatically buys back the dairy cows from the troubled dariy. Basically what I'm saying is, there was no reason the distroy the dairy cows because the co-op would of took care of them. We had a family friend that ran a dairy from 1975 to 2000, and he taught us many odd teachings, in dairy business.

There is a whole herd buy-out here too but apparantly it's run on some sort of lottery system and not every farmer can sell when he needs to.

According to my neighbor, who is a second generation farmer, when the herd gets bought out the cows are destroyed anyway.

I don't really understand the system but my neighbor's farm is in financial trouble and he was hoping for the whole herd buy-out, but it never happened! :confused2::confused2::confused2:

thats some pretty pucked up news. if anyone finds out exactly why he killed only the dairy cows let us know

thats some pretty pucked up news. if anyone finds out exactly why he killed only the dairy cows let us know

I think it has to do with low milk prices or poor producers or some sort of financial issue. I'm also guessing he shot them himself to insure the cows died as easily as possible, but it killed him to do it.....literally!

That business is very stressful. Horrible hours, you are always there. Milk cows cannot be left for 24 hours if you want them to stay in production.
I would never want to be involved in a dairy. To get away you have to have a manager that you trust to take care of the place. I am guessing with only 51 cows, it was a family operation. It's a second marriage.

I feel for the guy's family as there is never, in my opinion, a good reason to take your life.

Back