Translogic Powershifter.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not tried one on a Vmax though I have sold a few for various uses. Including one for a Yamaha FZX/Fazer. I see no reason it wouldn't work though the stock transmission really isn't the ideal for it.

It works. I have one. It's the same principle for all engines. Ignition kill activated by the gear lever switch

I've not tried one on a Vmax though I have sold a few for various uses. Including one for a Yamaha FZX/Fazer. I see no reason it wouldn't work though the stock transmission really isn't the ideal for it.

Sean, could you elaborate please?

It works. I have one. It's the same principle for all engines. Ignition kill activated by the gear lever switch

No Fred, this one shifts the lever via buttons on the handlebar. I think you are referring to a Quickshifter

I can get you in contact with the customer we sold the unit for his FZX/Fazer if desired. It was the universal unit since they did not have a specific unit for his bike.

Appreciate the offer, Sean, but I am interested in the fitting to a Max.

I have my own ideas as to how I will fit it but any input form someone who has already gone down this route could alert me to any potential issues.

I haven't sold one for a Max yet though I am sure with some brackets it can easily be done. We've done a number of air shifters which are going to mount up very similarly. Just tie into the coil power wire for the kill and adjust the timing to let it shift and you are good to go.

Back