trying out new seats

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody

Reaction score
ok, Mod monkey has got me again. this time i'm on my own lil quest to find a vmax seat. That i can enjoy. i have several to compare and choose from.
(thanks to a good friend, who buys everything he can)

1st off the corbin is out. i don't like the looks of it, and then there's the gas fill issue.
so right now i'm trying out a sportmax front and middle. so far so good.
good feel and no sore butt.
next i will try a sargent, followed by a Morleys muscle seat.

with lil to no money involed. we will do a parts trade for the seat i pick.
the choices above are my only options at this point. (sorry maxgasser)

you should get a hold of rick and try a maxgasser, think you will like it for sure. he can customize it exactly to what you want for comfort.

ya , But i doubt he will trade for a comp baffle. and help taking down a shed.

true true........ think pics are in order once you pick a seat out.

good idea. i'll take some of each one i try. but not a corbin unless you want to see a pic of my couch. lol

hahaha no, i had a corbin i know what you mean about the look, kinda blaaa but was a decent seat i liked it. never took it on a long long ride so not sure how that would have been. it was the older one with just a flap not the plug for the gas cap access and was almost perforated not the smooth style which looked a little better.

Here's the Sportmax
002-3.jpg

001-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

ya , But i doubt he will trade for a comp baffle. and help taking down a shed.
NO, but Ive got some landscapeing that needs to be done :rofl_200:. I cant blame you Woody,the MAXGASSER isnt cheap...but thats a good thing.........its not a "cheap"seat. Ill be at thunder if your there you can try one.

I dont know man... you wont be dissapointed with a maxgasser. best money ive spent on my max. if you can get the little bit extra scrillah together id pull the trigger on one. ive been loving the shit outta mine since i put it on.

the way to describe this seat is you dont know its there. and thats the best thing i can say because EVERYTIME i went for a ride before, id be saddle sore. not anymore and thats priceless to me. fit and finish are incredible. i hope this helps. you really do get more than what you pay for!

peace,
evan...

THANX for the great pics, Woody!

FYI: We no longer have a waiting list for SportMax seats, after over 4+ years...I LOVE IT!!!:eusa_dance:

John
RMSportMax
610-509-VMAX(8629)

I've owned both the SportMax and Muscle seat. Both were comfy and great guys to deal with. Currently with a Muscle seat and thinking of a maxgasser too. I met Rick and he's a great person to deal with too. All three are hands down genuine people to work with.

THANX for the great pics, Woody!

FYI: We no longer have a waiting list for SportMax seats, after over 4+ years...I LOVE IT!!!:eusa_dance:

John
RMSportMax
610-509-VMAX(8629)

John you can use any of the pics if you want.

OK, i tried to get the morley seat from my buddy.
but that one he won't part with. I rode the sargent for about 50 miles.
and didn't like it as much as the sportmax. so the sportmax pictured on my bike above.
is the one i got. so far i like it. although I will be trying out one of Sean's seats. (some day)

Not sure I get the seat thingy :) My 'max came with a "tourmax" seat with a 1 1/2" height reduction which a lot of the aftermarket seats seem to want to achieve....personally these are just too low for me and I reckon I am only average height a 5'10"....I imagine I would have been good with the stock seat so I am taking mine to a re-modeller next week to have it recovered and profiled as near back to stock (shapewise), as I can get it......its that or extend the controls to forwards....but that seems a bit radical..:ummm:
Cheers
R

After you sit on a stock seat for about 20 miles you'll understand. The stock profile has a much narrower flat surface area so you support is done mostly on your tail bone. By cutting down the inverted "V" shape you change the area so that your cheeks are what is supported.

You can't get the height to stay stock and still have that same support without it looking stupid as hell and not fitting the flip.

Sean

Not sure I get the seat thingy :) My 'max came with a "tourmax" seat with a 1 1/2" height reduction which a lot of the aftermarket seats seem to want to achieve....personally these are just too low for me and I reckon I am only average height a 5'10"....I imagine I would have been good with the stock seat so I am taking mine to a re-modeller next week to have it recovered and profiled as near back to stock (shapewise), as I can get it......its that or extend the controls to forwards....but that seems a bit radical..:ummm:
Cheers
R

You'll be sorry, I have the stock seat on now and it is miserable for both rider and passenger. The narrow profile is very uncomfortable. I have rode a lot of bikes and this one is the worst seat for comfort. It looks and feels comfortable until you try it.

My new seat should be here first part of the week. I also liked the height of the stock seat since I am 6'0" tall, but can't deal with the stock seat. Hoping I won't mind the lower profile when I get it.

the lower cut seat took a lil while to get use to.

before you have yours redone. maybe someone will trade you a stocker.

get the comments guys...maybe not helped by over the past 5- 10 years owning "leggy" harleys and "tall" GSX Suzuki's all of which accomodate most over 5'8' as stock and it has to be said are quite comfortable. I'm loving owning the max and its true slowly getting used to the seat height on this one but my knees feel just to high to get comfy. The guy i am going to see proposes a kinda re-modelling the seat so hoping there is a compromise to be had...
Cheers
R :whistlin:

Back