Turtle Wax "Ice"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Figured I'd give this stuff a try, since after 2 years I used up my bottle of Mother's cleaner wax. It was in a shiny package(always a plus), and it was on sale at Wally World. Still kinda pricey at $6.50 for a 23oz bottle, but it claims to vastly outlast "traditional" carnuba waxes(it's "a blend of synthetic polymers"), something I have noticed. The shine from the Mother's wax looked great at first but after a ride it was always gone and I had to re-wax to get it back. It also claims to have a water repellent effect like Rain-X.

Anyway, I waxed the bike with the "Ice" spray wax. It is easy, just spray on and wipe with a clean dry towel. No buffing needed. You get a really big shine right away, and it still looks great days later and after several rides. After a ride, a light buff with a towel brings back the shine. Over a week later I got drenched, and noticed the water sliding right off my airbox cover in tiny little beads, so it does seem to repel water better also. Wonder if I spray this stuff on my helmet visor?

A little of the stuff goes a long way also. One full spray is overkill for the airbox lid, and the wax picked up by the towel there will also do the fenders. I've done the bike twice and used maybe 1/20th of the bottle, so that $6.50 bottle of wax will last you quite a while.

Anyway, thumbs-up here. Little pricey, but it lasts a lot longer and looks better than regular cleaner waxes. Bottle will also go a long way.

yep thats what i been using for some time now, i like easy and it's easy, and a big plus on how well it works, evan after a little ride with wet roads, just wipe down and the shine back. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Easy Love it

Yep, Ice is the bomb!! I use it on the bike and cars. Nice thing about it, is that it doesn't make your plastic trim look white like regular wax does.

tried it, went back to McGuires NXT, but if you think $6.50 is pricey don't even bother looking at the NXT it';s 3x that, but it last and last and last and ... Seriously, I waxed my wifes car in November and after a mild Buffalo winter it was still beading up in March.

I try new products as they hit the market, but I always end up back with Meguiars.

I just got done using Meguiar's cleaner-wax on two cars yesterday. I ran out of time to use my polisher as I started a bit late in the day & applied and polished by hand. This morning I got up early & used the polisher machine. Both came out nicely. I also bought the Meguiar's detailer liquid in a spray bottle & tried that on top of the wax I had done. That stuff is a lot easier to use than the cleaner-wax! I found w/the cleaner/wax it is better to follow the directions and give the stuff a minimum drying time. The longer you let it dry, the harder it is to buff it (by hand, for me). One car hadn't been done in awhile & had a repaint awhile ago, the oxydized paint released & the car came out looking much better. That's the one I tried the Meguiar's detailer spray on afterwards.

The other car we had painted this past year & was an easier job to clean/polish. This one I didn't use the Meguiar's detailer spray on after polishing. I did use a power buffer after doing the initial shine by hand. The paint was better to start, and came out best. I like Meguiar's stuff, but among the big names, I don't presume there is a lot of difference.

Back