Twisty roads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwardtxusa

Reaction score
ZRX/V-MAX and I went for a ride out by Rocket and rode what is the best road in Ellis county. Clean no gravel, a few nice twist.

Looking for more good twisty roads in the DFW metro and surrounding areas.

Any good recommendations?

Plan on taking a little trip to Fredricksburg, do some riding and hit a few vinyards. Waiting on a cold front. Thinking OCT.

Will be taking the Mrs. and another couple that rides too.

Copied this off the link above.
Got any comments on the folowing?

I'll throw you a bone... 157 to Maypearl
W 916 to Parker
S 177 to Osceola
W 934 to 309
S 309 to Hillsboro
W 22 to 219
LOOP 219 to 1238
N 1238 to Iredell
W 6 to Hico
N 220 to 51
N 51 to Grandbury
N 377 to 1187

I will have to search a few of these in the southern areas.
Was just in Hawaii, riding those awsome roads along the coast from Hilo north. Would have killed for a bike for a day.

Twistie roads? In Dallas? They exhist?

Well I suppose if you're looking for open sweepers instead of a good mixthere might be a few.

ZRX/V-MAX and I went for a ride out by Rocket and rode what is the best road in Ellis county. Clean no gravel, a few nice twist.

Looking for more good twisty roads in the DFW metro and surrounding areas.

Any good recommendations?

Doug,It was a pleasure to meet you.there are some decent roads south of Fredericksburg.If you want to make a day of it, head to Leakey and ride the "three sisters" they are probably the best Texas has to offer. There is an outstanding motorcycle museum east of Leakey run by an ex-Aussie. he has alot of old stuff, and has raced some of it in vinage classes.be sure and have a meat pie while thereregards...........................Neal

ok, what's up with the spacing on my post?
that's not supposed to be run-on drivel

Neal,
Was a pleasure meeting you too. I am going to check out some of the roads that are close by, 157, 309. I'll let you know what I find, or if you want to go explore give me a call.

Thanks EATATJOZ for the link. Can you believe some of those sportsbike forums. 800 online at one time.

Yea, I hang around one for Arkansas. We don't have anywhere near that amount of people, but it always stays busy.
Sportbikers are really a great community. Most are glad to have you tag along. Read their site for a while, and see if you want to ride with them. If you do, just ask. I could about promise that they'll welcome you with open arms.

Didn't realize that the roads listed were a nice loop. Neal we may have to go make this treck pretty soon. I'm going to map it out on my gps and determine how many miles amd about how long it will take. I'll see if my cruiser buddies want to go too.

Let me know what you think.

All right, excellent sound track! :punk: Who were the police after? It didn't look look like they were pulling over the guys on the bikes.
Actually there were. They pulled every one over except for me in that group. Seems someone didn't like the way we were riding up the steep side of that road (really tight corners from when the guy in front does a wheelie to when you see a look-out on the left) so they called the cops on us. The one you saw parked up on the left was waiting for us.

The Song is Holy diver (of course) covered by Killswitch Engage.

Latest posts

Back