Vboost and No Vboost idle video

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
I haven't seen a video like this yet, maybe its out there, but here is one with it disconnected and then reconnected so you can see the idle difference.

It smelled rich when idling with the butterfly open ( no vboost ) and when I tried it earlier in the day I had to twist the throttle to get it started. Then use the choke to get it to stay running. Which I don't have to do either normally with the butterflys closed ( vboost working ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ3J7MIa7vc

Let me know what you think.

Todd

Awesome I was going to ask if you could make a video of it. Sounds mean but is there any advantages/disadvantages will it harm anything? also when unpluged the vboost wont come on after 6000 rpm now?

No harm done to anything with it unplugged, well maybe to your fuel mileage and driveability down low.

No enough to cause concern really. Worse case I would think if it was rich enough would be cylinder wash out. But I don't see that happening.

Advantages with it connected FAR out weigh the advantage of it disconnected for mild and stock applications. For all out race applications I still think you would see an advantage with it unless your uber modified. If your uber modified, then you don't have these carbs on your bike anyways.....

So bottom line, if you want the cool sound, unplug your servo. If you want good performance, leave it as the factory intended.

I don't think you would see a performance increase if you lowered the vboost setting either. Maybe down to 5000 rpm and full open at 6000 rpm. But I haven't tested that. I am sure Sean could give more info on that.

I ll do a run with it unplugged and video that. I am guessing the MPH will probably suffer ever so slightly, but the ET I think will slow down due to loss of "out of the hole" power. I think the 60 ft times will suffer.

Todd

Todd

Thanks Todd my bikes running rich now cause of one af mix screw I can't get out. We are riding thisweekend after that I will remove it just don't wanna screw myself before ride. Thanks for info good stuff.

Latest posts

Back