vboost not working

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robsplatf4

Reaction score
Hey guys

My servo does not turn when I turn the key on. I thought the servo was locked up so I replaced it with another. It is actually turning against the stop. Any ideas? Could it be the controller or position sensor or....?

Robert, sounds like it's your vboost controller. You can try supplying voltage to 2 of the pins on the round connector going to the servo motor. One should open, the other close. If your servo works for this test then your controller is having issues.

Attachments

• Vboostmanualcontrol 001_edited[1].jpg
    Vboostmanualcontrol 001_edited[1].jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 53
:ummm: Try squeezing the controller in the middle and see if it cycles through a sequence. This usally works. Good Luck

Wiggling the controller has resulted in it working a few times. I plan on taking it apart next.

Resolder the main wire connections where the wires pass into the board. All you need to do is just heat it up and let it remelt. Usually works just fine after that. Hardest part is getting the sealer removed!

Sean

Resolder the main wire connections where the wires pass into the board. All you need to do is just heat it up and let it remelt. Usually works just fine after that. Hardest part is getting the sealer removed!

Sean

That was fun. Should I seal it back with silicone or anything?
Thanks

question, can 2 wires be ran to them two pins that u pictured to have a boost button and open whenever. dont wanna screw anything up but thought it might be a cheap mod since the sasy is clearly outrageous

You might be able to use a variable resistor/potentiometer for different opening angles, something similar to a volume knob on a radio.

Back