VBoost switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMadVmax

Reaction score
So when I bought my VMax 2 years ago, it had a toggle switch installed just in front of the left scoop. The guy who I bought it from claimed that the original owner had it installed, and that it was designed to engage the VBoost at 3k instead of 58k RPM. He said that it was deactivated when he bought the bike.

The bike ran when I bought it, but it needed something. I took it to a guy who works on bikes...he removed the switch wiring harness. He didn't fix the issues it was having but I noticed that the bike didn't have the same pull from a stop. It was like the Vboost kicked in later or something.

I've since had the bike dialed in by a very good motorcycle mechanic and it is an absolute monster, but I have this wiring harness and switch that I feel inclined to have reinstalled, since the beast is running we'll...I wonder if the switch is legit. It's a professional looking setup with an inline relay and harness plugs. I don't know where the black wire goes and thought someone on here might know something about that switch.

Any thoughts?

Well the "Normal" Vmax ...the Vboost wont start kicking in until about 5800 and should be all in around 6500.

That switch was called T-Boost....you should find some more information about it under that name. I dont have it or else I could give you more info. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back