venture tranny

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Looks like the 1300 venture has a lower 1st gear and higher 4th and 5th gears.Figured out it is a 1986 1300 from the serial number.

the guy had told me it was a 1984 engine.I already knew that in 84 they were 1200's.

Something else wild happened too,I found out that he was at Summerduck Va. the day we had the VMOA drags.He was racing an FJ1200 car tire bike.Then he scattered it,threw a rod.Small world!He also works with Dennis Tolbin.
As soon as he told me,I remembered like it was yesterday.

Looks like the 1300 venture has a lower 1st gear and higher 4th and 5th gears.Figured out it is a 1986 1300 from the serial number.

the guy had told me it was a 1984 engine.I already knew that in 84 they were 1200's.

Something else wild happened too,I found out that he was at Summerduck Va. the day we had the VMOA drags.He was racing an FJ1200 car tire bike.Then he scattered it,threw a rod.Small world!He also works with Dennis Tolbin.
As soon as he told me,I remembered like it was yesterday.
Lower?? Damn... You'll have to shift a soon as your tire trips the lights...:surprise:

No kiddin!!!! I already complain about having to shift so soon!

That's why I am liking my slighty larger 18" rear rim and tire... Don't have to shift like NOW.:thumbs up:

That tranny with the 180/55/17 whould be a tire smoker... Especialy with what you have planned for it...:worthy:

Chris,I actually want a closer ratio tranny.Right now it crosses the 1/4 mile in 4th at redline.I have a 17" rear wheel too.with a venture tranny and an 18" wheel you could probably do the 1/4 in 3rd.

I want to be redline in 5th crossing the line.

Chris,I actually want a closer ratio tranny.Right now it crosses the 1/4 mile in 4th at redline.I have a 17" rear wheel too.with a venture tranny and an 18" wheel you could probably do the 1/4 in 3rd.

I want to be redline in 5th crossing the line.

Totally understand... I was saying that 1st will be shorter than schitt with a Vmax rear end.

What are you looking to do then? :confused2::ummm:

Probably keep the 1st and put a vmax 4th and 5 th in before backcutting it.

I plan on keeping my 1230 bottom end ready to go as a spare and swap the ported heads,big cams and 41 mm flatslides to the new big bore.

Carillo rods,JE pistons. High compression.

BUSA KILLER!

There is not that much difference Shawn. I already looked at all the possibilities a couple of years ago when I came up with the Royal Star fifth gear.

I think there is a very minute difference in them but not enough for most to even notice - maybe a couple hundred rom.

Sean Morley

Probably keep the 1st and put a vmax 4th and 5 th in before backcutting it.

I plan on keeping my 1230 bottom end ready to go as a spare and swap the ported heads,big cams and 41 mm flatslides to the new big bore.

Carillo rods,JE pistons. High compression.

BUSA KILLER!

Uhm... Stock Busa killer...:whistlin:

There is not that much difference Shawn. I already looked at all the possibilities a couple of years ago when I came up with the Royal Star fifth gear.

I think there is a very minute difference in them but not enough for most to even notice - maybe a couple hundred rom.

Sean Morley

Sean,There is enough of a difference that I do'nt want to run them.Higher 4th and 5th do not excite me much.I want more of a 1/4 mile bike.

As you know unless I go chain drive,I'll have to live with what's in there after its together.

Somebody needs to figure out a way to make the final drive lower not higher.

I'll be talking to you when its time for the gears and other parts.I know you have a shitload of go fast goodies there.

Uhm... Stock Busa killer...:whistlin:

Chris take a look at some of the dyno runs on PCW's website.There's a nice one of the bike Bill Warner bought(Croce's)

221HP

He's spanking built busa's all the time in the speed record races he runs.

Back