Virgin Bike Racer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DO NOT believe this Birchman!! Especially if his next words are.....sure, I'll compare slips with ya....just to make it interesting, let's say, oh...$500 or so? :rofl_200:
Watch him man, he's a world class v max drag racer!!!:worthy:
But, you already know that, don't you!:biglaugh:

I learned everything from the Dalewalker Book Getting your VMAX into the 10's. It really worked well. Then I became a Soupa Star learning from John Cornell last yr at the dragraces.
I did get lucky once and beat a 1974 Honda CB350 dragbike here in the sticks of TN names Killer Kow. I also bought a trophy to prove it:eclipsee_gold_cup:

Well ok lankee you proved my point. I am gonna take my 81 gpz and turn her full bore drag queen . From what I have been told the v max is a slug so i should just go with a balls out kawi, right?

Well ok lankee you proved my point. I am gonna take my 81 gpz and turn her full bore drag queen . From what I have been told the v max is a slug so i should just go with a balls out kawi, right?

It really all depends on what ya want to do...
If you want to feel fast on the track ride the Torque Slug VMAX.
If you want to go fast jump on your GPZ.

I dont know if your GPZ is stock or not. I just know with some wiseco forged domed 12:5:1 pistons and a shaved fresh head it will piss on a stock / header VMAX..

If I had my choice of building a dragbike it would be the GPZ.. If I were just going to dragrace every once in awhile it would be the VMAX.

The GPZ can take more abuse then the VMAX.... Just dont shift over 9500 on your VMAX and keep your fingers crossed that the tranny wont blow.

A VMAX is one of the most easiest bikes to dragrace and launch at the dragstrip, due to its heavy in the front and the frame design, and its not a real quick revving engine.. Its just a fun bike to take to the dragstrip as long as there isnt any good riders on a sport bike beside you..

I would swear my VMAX could run in the 9's if I never put it on a dyno or raced any other motorcycle.

Thats why so many VMAX owners think the VMAX is so damn fast, cause it feels fast. But the numbers dont lie..

:bang head: Wish I never knew my ET's or raced anyone else going down the track.

I think this year I am just going to take off as soon as I stage hell with waiting on the tree to drop, this way I can 2 second head start:clapping:

lmfao... I'll still catch you lankee. you might as well quit trying ;)

Here was my plan. I was going to run the max at the track to see if I like or if I may be any good at dragging a bike. If the bug bites me I was going to build the GPz into a strick drag machine and then go from there. I would like to keep the GPz original but it has sat for so long that it has many issues and the B1 model fuel injection was junk anyway. So that the plan and we will see how it unfolds.

Here was my plan. I was going to run the max at the track to see if I like or if I may be any good at dragging a bike. If the bug bites me I was going to build the GPz into a strick drag machine and then go from there. I would like to keep the GPz original but it has sat for so long that it has many issues and the B1 model fuel injection was junk anyway. So that the plan and we will see how it unfolds.

If your going to build the GPZ, score yourself an early model KZ mkII bottom end, and then use the GPZ head. From expirence, the GPZ bottom end dosn't like alot of hp, and the bearings will fail.

This way you'll have a stout bottom end and even a stock GPZ J head will outflow a the older model KZ head big time.

If you want to lighten things up I still have the ninja 900 bodywork w/ faring from my old dragbike. Its in great condition. Only thing with the body itself is the tank area on the right hand side has a little half circle cut out of it to allow clearance of the turbo exhaust. It will fit a big tire bike. I ran a 10x15 on the back.

Attachments

• P1020780.jpg
    P1020780.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 6
  • P1020781.jpg
    P1020781.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 4
If your going to build the GPZ, score yourself an early model KZ mkII bottom end, and then use the GPZ head. From expirence, the GPZ bottom end dosn't like alot of hp, and the bearings will fail.

This way you'll have a stout bottom end and even a stock GPZ will outflow a the older model head big time.

If you want to lighten things up I still have the ninja 900 bodywork w/ faring from my old dragbike. Its in great condition. Only thing with the body itself is the tank area on the right hand side has a little half circle cut out of it to allow clearance of the turbo exhaust. It will fit a big tire bike. I ran a 10x15 on the back.

KJ has great information here. I am not a Kawi guy but I see a shit load of KZ engines at the dragstrip hauling ass!! But them GS 1100/1150's always bust there ass LOL :p

KJ has great information here. I am not a Kawi guy but I see a shit load of KZ engines at the dragstrip hauling ass!! But them GS 1100/1150's always bust there ass LOL :p

LOL, my nemesis was on a GS1150 (1428 turbo). :clapping: Was a pretty bike though.

Back