Vmax carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUkidding

Reaction score
Need to replace slide diaphrgms on my 1995 Vmax carbs. Bought new diaphragms & need to remove the old diaphragms from the slides. Anybody know the best way to do this?
Randy

I didn't think they did, thought it was sold as one piece.

I have seen them on Ebay where you can buy just the diaphrams. I like the idea of OEM and replacing them as a whole unit.

i'd be a little weary, but thats how i am.

I saw those on fleaBay and wondered myself, not so much how to remove the old but how to attach the new. Did they not come with any instructions?

If you find out, please post the results here, I'm sure everyone would be most interested!

I have 3 sets I have used. Pulling the old ones off is easy. Just pull out the rubber piece and it comes out. To install the new I used a bit of KY jelly arround the grove where the old ruber came out and streached the new one arround the space where the old came out. Then I used my finger nail to start pushing the new diaphram into the groove. as it starts to go in work your way arround tucking more in as you go. THen work wthe diaphram by pulling in opposite rotationg direction to the slide back and forth to work it all the way down in the groove. I have very thick nails and you can also use a small blunt object like a screwdriver but be careful not to puncture the diaphram.
Just a tip: On ebay they also sell the diaphrams for the venture. They are usually much cheaper and are the same thing. :)

Jim

Latest posts

Back