Vmax crash, need help getting her running again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried PMing you, but it says I have zero sent messages. I'll just post by address here...

Andrew B
3185 Deer Path Drive
Grove City, OH 43123

And thank you so much. You are awesome.

And thanks to everyone on this forum, your guys support is amazing.

When you send a pm, you have to have the box checked, so that a copy will go to your sent folder.

When you send a pm, you have to have the box checked, so that a copy will go to your sent folder.

In case I was unclear, here is a pic of the box that needs to be checked.

Attachments

• 20160311_182900.jpg
    20160311_182900.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 14
Odds are good your exhast leak is coming from where that rear header connets to the motor. Take off the covers for those cylinders and start the bike to see if you feel air being pushed from either side. If i remember right, theres a clamp back there that holds the pipe to a fitting thats bolted to the head (been a while since ive seen a stock exhaust). If the leak is there, you might need a new clamp, and/or theres a bent mounting tab for the exhaust thats pullings past what the clamp can handle. Its possible too that it could be coming from where the cans connect to the headers... id be more inclined to check up by the rear head though. Congrats of breaking your addiction! An old friend of mine just came out of a year long coma from heroin... i know the carnage it causes and the pain it delivers from seeing what its done to him.

Odds are good your exhast leak is coming from where that rear header connets to the motor. Take off the covers for those cylinders and start the bike to see if you feel air being pushed from either side. If i remember right, theres a clamp back there that holds the pipe to a fitting thats bolted to the head (been a while since ive seen a stock exhaust). If the leak is there, you might need a new clamp, and/or theres a bent mounting tab for the exhaust thats pullings past what the clamp can handle. Its possible too that it could be coming from where the cans connect to the headers... id be more inclined to check up by the rear head though. Congrats of breaking your addiction! An old friend of mine just came out of a year long coma from heroin... i know the carnage it causes and the pain it delivers from seeing what its done to him.

I think it's coming from both of those places you are talking about,if I give the bike a good rev I can see the actual exhaust leaking out. It seems start at the very bottom of the system and the exhaust leak flowing up right pipe that connects to the right rear cylinder.

Might try spraying some aerosol oil in the intakes with the engine running to make exhaust smoke to help find the leaks.

I have the exhaust system boxed and ready to ship (minus mufflers that I didnt get with the bike), it includes the rear down pipes and it's ready to go, check your email for details.

Back