Vmax Racing Intentions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ RJ RJ

Reaction score
Ok so....

More courtroom evidence to support the theory that the bike is intended to be a pretty good dragster...

Yamaha apparently has a RACE ECU for the vmax in the accessories catalog for 2009.

Some thoughts on this:

A)Why provide such a thing if you don't intend the bike to be raced?
B)Why intend the bike to be raced if its not relatively fast and capable of much more?

Ok so....

More courtroom evidence to support the theory that the bike is intended to be a pretty good dragster...

Yamaha apparently has a RACE ECU for the vmax in the accessories catalog for 2009.

Some thoughts on this:

B)Why intend the bike to be raced if its not relatively fast and capable of much more?

Whom among us suggested it wouldn't be raced?

That's a great straw man you set up.

Interesting that Yamaha is coming up with their own "race ECU". What does that mean? Is the bike also going to be capable of aftermarket race goodies from companies like Dynojet and Healtech, also?

Ok so....

Some thoughts on this:

Good! The more add ons, the better. I wonder though, what happens to the warranty when you order the race ECU? I can't believe they would honour a warranty on a drag bike.

An even bigger question.....will anyone be able to afford the racing ECU?

Whom among us suggested it wouldn't be raced?

That's a great straw man you set up.

Philosophy of argument was one of my favorite courses in university....

"The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position."

I wouldn't call what i wrote a great example of that..... although some have pointed to the shaft drive and weight and said it wont be a good track performer..... i would have to say that goes some way toward suggesting similar.... but as far as straw man...naw...i was just saying what i said..... you don't make race computers for bike you dont think should be raced. that's all.... more of my way of saying the ETs are gonna be good.

here is one for ya:
"Fallacies of Weak Induction
With this type of fallacy, there may be an apparent logical connection between the premises and the conclusion but if that connection is real then it is too weak to support the conclusion. "

An even bigger question.....will anyone be able to afford the racing ECU?

850 bucks i hear....nothing after you buy the bike and 240 rim/ tire haha....

aw hell...its only money....burn a few weekends down at the mill...

Back