vmax still has a cult following

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
I has riding in are local poker when I came to the second stop. I met up with the vmax. he told me he heard me back behind him and when we left he wanted to race me.I told him I am not really into street racing he said ok but 3 miles down the road.the time was right .first time I was in 3rd gear we took off he got me by about 5 bikes . my 26 tooth pulley did not help me any at top speed. but the 2nd race we took off in first I got him about 4 bike before we had to shut them down and I did not even use hy 60 hp boss noss on him but now he wants to meet me at the track.AND I CANT WAIT and I ran into a 2010 camaro ss

I believe there is another version to this story. A little clarification won't hurt.
1.on the first race you failed to mention that the VMAX rider pulled a wheelie let off and then hit it again with the same results but stayed with it this time while you were on the throttle the entire time. The VMAX did take you by about 5 bike lengths "only" because the race was ended. It would have been much more if the race would of continued.
2. the second race the VMAX rider was smokin the tires in first and second for the crowd while leaving the 3rd stop on the poker run, but you were in front of the VMAX rider when the very short run ended.
3. yes this guy said he would love to meet you @ the Tulsa track when you have the 60 hp boss noss hooked up and who knows the outcome. I would imagine it probably would come down to the rider and he has no experience @ the track.

How do I know this? Because it was me!

BTW, I think the Vrod is one of sweetest looking rides on the rode.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121276&page=4

UPDATE
A MUST READ

http://hdforums.com/forum/vrsc-models/242724-yamahahahaha-tries-to-out-vrod-the-vrod.html

"a bunch of harley wana bes."
"It still is a throw away bike."
"200hp sounds good but still it had 1000cc more than the V Rod yet the V Rod is the Ultimate Dragster Weapon."
"the grotesque aftermath of an experiment turned into accident while trying to clone the V Rod"
"All the Japs ever did was built shitty light frames, engines that rev up to 16000rpm (go find out how reliable is that) and turbocharge small engines so they act as if they have greater displacement.But nope...Japs lose."
"yes the V-max is one fugly bike, but it will hand you your ass."
"if you do not care for Harleys, then LEAVE"
"It's a terrible bike. 15 liter fuel capacity, and like 115 km range."
"Comparing the VMax to the Rod is like comparing a Humvee to a Ford F350 in handling......Who gives a $hit!!"
"Guy I knew bought one. By far the scarriest thing I've ever ridden."
"alright llooking bike i know v rods that would put that thing to shame but then again they have 30000 into that bike"
"im calling B.S. on a street legal Vrod that "puts the V-max to shame"
"If the V MAX came out in 1984 and the V ROD came out in 2001 how is Yamaha trying copy Harley. I'm lost."
"Yamaha feeling threatened by the vrod, or any Harley? You're joking right?"
"V-Max is about 3times older than V-Rod.Twice as fast and can go go go forever without a wrench on it.It is not my Ultra but the V-Max can park anywhere."
"Have you looked into a VMAX?? They hold their value a LOT better and longer than the VRod ever thought about... The VMax is a badass bike."

Last edited:
couple pages down

"Anyone capping on the V-MAX has penis envy, I doubt even a turbo'd VROD would hold up to one."

That's funny! I hope you meet him again... at a track. I have a lot of Harley friends and they all like the Max. Of course if their with their peers at an outlaw Harley meet, they talk about burning them. Stereotypes are funny. I was a Sportster owner/racer long before I was Vmax owner. Once I heard and rode the Vmax I never looked back at Harley (old technology). The Sportster is considered a girls bike now :confused2:

I used to ride hopped up Sportsters. Almost wished I still had one but the last one so destroyed my back I was under 4 years of medication. I bought a V-Max because it was a more substancial Sportster-like bike with more than adequate power.

As for HD owners being obsessed with the V-Max: it's a 25 year old bike that today barely qualifies as a fast cruiser. Which is how I ride mine. They need to race one of the new ones.

"As for HD owners being obsessed with the V-Max: it's a 25 year old bike that today barely qualifies as a fast cruiser."

Hmmm,I call bull shit on this statement. Maybe you should twist the throttle ALL the way?:ummm: Not sure about the rest of you but my V-Max is one damn fast cruiser. If the Harley guys dont fear you and the sport bike guys dont respect the hell out of you on your Max...You arent riding it right.:confused2:
I might not take a CBR from stop light to stop light but you better believe hes shittin his pants when he realises Im still on top of him when we get there.

-2 cents:deposited

I used to ride hopped up Sportsters. Almost wished I still had one but the last one so destroyed my back I was under 4 years of medication. I bought a V-Max because it was a more substancial Sportster-like bike with more than adequate power.

As for HD owners being obsessed with the V-Max: it's a 25 year old bike that today barely qualifies as a fast cruiser. Which is how I ride mine. They need to race one of the new ones.
Which cruisers do you consider fast ?

Maybe he still on MEDICATION! LOL Also to correct you the VMAX is a MUSCLE BIKE not a cruiser. JIM

Which cruisers do you consider fast ?

I ask the the same question.
I have ridden the Vrod,ScreamingEagle Vrod, and the 109 Suzuki.
The biggest disappointment was the ScreamingEagle.
Tell me about these fast cruisers.

When i say cruiser i look at vulcans,shadows, and v-stars. The Triumph rocket, Meanstreak, vtx1800 m109 are fast cruisers v-rod (copycat no power vmax). The vmax is in its own class just like the v65magna and the eliminator 900,this was the vmaxs, only rival. For now i think the B-king is the only bike in the Gen 2 vmax class + i can buy the king for 8 grand .JIM

When i say cruiser i look at vulcans,shadows, and v-stars. The Triumph rocket, Meanstreak, vtx1800 m109 are fast cruisers v-rod (copycat no power vmax). The vmax is in its own class just like the v65magna and the eliminator 900,this was the vmaxs, only rival. For now i think the B-king is the only bike in the Gen 2 vmax class + i can buy the king for 8 grand .JIM

The new Max has let me down.Too much money to get the horsepower.
I forgot about the B King.It's an oddball,but I like it.

Before you say that you should look at all the aftermarket bolt ons they make for the king also you can make 1 mean king in carbon fiber and fat tir kit and still be under cost of the new max.

I waited patiently for 20yrs to get my hands on a vmax,I ride with a ninja,a highly modified stroked Buell and an s83 boulevard.To tell you the truth I've ridden them all and they are all cool in their own way.That being said I still love the max even a stocker like mine is totally awesome power wise looks To me the max has the whole package,and believe me every time I ride mine I fuckin' spank it hard and fast!!!!!I'm always the leader and that's not by their choice!!!IT'S CUZ I FORCE THE ISSUE!!

Before you say that you should look at all the aftermarket bolt ons they make for the king also you can make 1 mean king in carbon fiber and fat tir kit and still be under cost of the new max.
You may be right on aftermarket parts as I have not looked into that. I was looking at it from a stock standpoint , Max has looks & style while still stock. That's what attracted me to it before I heard it run. Then I was really hooked. Then the aftermarket power & suspension upgrades and c.f. mods hit me in the face and I never looked back.

Maybe he still on MEDICATION! LOL Also to correct you the VMAX is a MUSCLE BIKE not a cruiser. JIM

Geeezz... You guys are more touchy than the Skirtster --er-- Sportster folks. I consider my V-Max a comfortable "Sportster" with "more than adequate" power. I traded a hot rodded Sportster to buy it and I haven't looked back. Calling it a MUSCLE BIKE is acceptable. I guess because I also own a Valkyrie, I thought all cruisers had at least 100 hp. :biglaugh:

If I were to replace my V-Max with a "power" cruiser, I like the V-Rod with the mid controls (although its impossible to find one, and they are GROSSLY overpriced). Not so crazy about the M109, it looks like a motorboat on two wheels. The Triumph is like riding your entire living room. Although, even at 6 tons, it handles better than a stock V-Max. Yes, I know nobody rides a "stock" V-Max.

As for the 25 year old bike part, look it up. Don't get me wrong it's a great bike, but the V-Max certainly isn't one of the top 10 fastest bikes you can buy today. I doubt it's in the top 25. Any 17 year old squid on a 600cc Buzzazuki can make the V-Max look like it's chained to a tree. (At least until the squid runs into a tree.)

And yes, I'm still on medication. I'm stuck at home for 3 weeks following emergency surgery for a detached retina. Sucks getting old. :damn angry:

Any 17 year old squid on a 600cc Buzzazuki can make the V-Max look like it's chained to a tree.

Obviously...thats becuase a V-Max is best suited for uprooting a fuckin tree.:rofl_200:
Im still thinking your Max is a little green in the gills if youre gettin smoked by the "Buzzazukis" out there.My Max is an 85 with no internals done and Ive never been made to look "chained to a tree" as you say.

Maybe you need Ol' Sean to set it up with the Balls to the walls package?

Back