Vmax verses the ZX14 !!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds similar to the shift lights. We have to set them to 2 cylinder as opposed to 4. Otherwise, the shift light triggers at 1/2 the rpms it was set to.

By the way, I forgot to ask you how the brakes felt? With your new power you will be able to even give them a surprising run above 120 too!

Sean[/quot\
This brake setup rocks can almost slow down as fast as I accelerate almost lol, never felt so good .I rec this upgrade for everyone with a vmax . hell of alot safer I tell ya . and very inexpensive to do :punk:

so has your friend had to seek counciling for getting beat buy a bike with a sissy bar and bolt on windscreen lol. very nice bike keep it up.

so far stock driveshaft no problems as of yet, 170, 15 dunlop not to great for transferring power to the ground , drag shocks , and front end lowered 1.5 " I may run into a driveshaft problem when I do get the bike to hook up better , not sure as of yet . will keep you posted though . I have a autometer tach with shiftlight that I would pay you money for the knowledge to make it compatible to my max . when I hooked it up I only get half tach readings , 4000 rpm showing 2000 etc, etc i tried diodes , all types of shit but nothing yet , Thx again ,Jason:confused2:

I wouldnt change your stock driveshaft to the heavy duty, or you will be like Sean cleaning broken tranny parts from your engine. Yamaha Engineers had this figured out and made it the weak link of the drivetrain. If you find yourself breaking driveshafts I would look into a multistage clutch or an adjustable lock up clutch which will allow it to slip until a certain RPM, I am seriously thinking about going to a slider clutch, just havent decide who I am going to send my clutch basket to.. Slider clutches are the way to go!!!
Reg clutches create to much shock on the tranny and drivetrane, Once you ride a bike with a slider clutch its like switching from dial up to high speed you wont ever want to go back

so has your friend had to seek counciling for getting beat buy a bike with a sissy bar and bolt on windscreen lol. very nice bike keep it up.
all I can say is he can't let it go , wants so bad to run again , but I want to have engine completely broke in and feel trustworthy so I can open her up on the rev limiter , right now limited it to 8500 lol:rofl_200:

I wouldnt change your stock driveshaft to the heavy duty, or you will be like Sean cleaning broken tranny parts from your engine. Yamaha Engineers had this figured out and made it the weak link of the drivetrain. If you find yourself breaking driveshafts I would look into a multistage clutch or an adjustable lock up clutch which will allow it to slip until a certain RPM, I am seriously thinking about going to a slider clutch, just havent decide who I am going to send my clutch basket to.. Slider clutches are the way to go!!!
Reg clutches create to much shock on the tranny and drivetrane, Once you ride a bike with a slider clutch its like switching from dial up to high speed you wont ever want to go back
I am interested in this please tell me more , anything to launch quicker is a good thing in my book.:confused2:

If you decide that you want a jockey to run it down the track let me know and i'll talk to one of my friends from florida. He's sponsored by brocks performance with his 8.7 second (off of the juice) zx14.

If you decide that you want a jockey to run it down the track let me know and i'll talk to one of my friends from florida. He's sponsored by brocks performance with his 8.7 second (off of the juice) zx14.
has training wheels right on his 8.7 zx14

I am interested in this please tell me more , anything to launch quicker is a good thing in my book.:confused2:

Check out the thread under clutch "VMAX AUTO CLUTCH" It will give you more info about the slider clutch. You may also want to look into a Multi Stage Lockup also made by MTC.
The VMAX Tranny sucks and cant take much HP or abuse. I think using a multi stage lock up or a slider will help extend the tranny with your S/C Beast.

Check out the thread under clutch "VMAX AUTO CLUTCH" It will give you more info about the slider clutch. You may also want to look into a Multi Stage Lockup also made by MTC.
The VMAX Tranny sucks and cant take much HP or abuse. I think using a multi stage lock up or a slider will help extend the tranny with your S/C Beast.
ok thank you lankee

I guess if you like sportbikes thats what you get a Zx14 or a busa if you like cruisers its a tough choice although the Max can still light up the competition they're are other muscle cruisers out there now that are more refined!

I like that the Vmax is different, versatile, and very fast. While some new bikes may be faster than the gen1 they all look the same to me (maybe different sticker packages - LOL). Let's see what kind of following these bikes have after 20 + years.
Soon, with the debut of the new Vmax, they will all be following the mighty Vmax down the road once again.:punk:

IMO :biglaugh:

new max owners are going to get a little tweeked when guys come up to the and say ...those max are fast bike .. i remember this and that about the max...the new owner will say ya but this is the new faster max a vmax is a vmax the rep is already built....it will not dominate like its daddy did..it will not be a classic..it wont carry as much weight and respect as the gen 1 did....and thats the way it should be in life and in the max world

Back