vmax vs. nighthawk

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
soooo here i was getting my vmax inspected. young kid comes out this a vmax from the 80s?? same style yes, but this is a 97. and he went on about how he dislikes the 2nd gen headlight and so on. he then asked me how fast i've been, i said 125, then i backed off, fast enough for me, lol..... oh well my nighthawk goes 125, thats not fast...... i ended the conversation because he has no idea what a vmax is. does your nighthawk have vboost? does it do 0 to 60 in less than 4 sec.? questions i wanted to ask him, but i didn't....... but when i left the shop, i showwed him what vboost was in 1st and 2nd gear, backed off in 3rd, i figured 85 in a 40 was good, lol.:punk:

There's never any shortage of people who claim that their own particular bike is "badder" than a V Max and no shortage of us V Max riders who are happy to enlighten them. We are just nice, polite people who are eager to please and enlighten folks :)

Chris.

The fastest Nighthawk was probably the 700 Nighthawk S, and it wouldn't stand a chance against a VMAX in a drag race. Don't get me wrong, they are great little bikes, but not in the same "muscle bike" league as a VMAX! :punk:

i almost asked him how long it took him to get to 125, but i didn't. i left it at what it was, lol. but i'd glasly race for pink slips if i see him again:biglaugh:

I owned both 1984 and 1985 Nighthawk 650's and I can tell you he must have been going down a steep hill to reach 125. I pushed 100 mph once on brand new tires and the front began to wobble badly. Scared me half to death. The bikes have 6 gears with 5th giving you all the speed you'll get and 6th being an overdrive. They got super gas mileage and the engines were extremely reliable but it sure wasn't a top speed monster. It did get up and go but nothing like a Max. Perfect first bike for an inexperienced rider like I was at the time.

Fatbiker

Beware, if your luck is any thing like mine, when you race for pink slips is EXACTLY the time for a broken drive shaft, or even a u-joint to break. Fun is fun, but I would never be so over-confident as to actually bet my bike...... couldn't replace it.

my buddy has a night hawk 750 and my honda v f 700 magna can beat him

The late model Nighthawk 750's were slower than the earlier 700's. They detuned it and it was a dog. It was Honda's base standard for several years with only paint color changes till they dropped it.

The late model Nighthawk 750's were slower than the earlier 700's. They detuned it and it was a dog. It was Honda's base standard for several years with only paint color changes till they dropped it.

Yup, Honda clipped the wings off the 750 Nighthawk....the Kawasaki 750 Zephyr could easily blow it into the weeds without breaking a sweat....

Latest posts

Back