vmoa

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last I checked about 1300 worldwide. It's worth it to me for the events, Vboost mag and discounts.

The VMOA is what it is. You get out of it what you put into it.
I like it.
And FYI...
You don't have to be a member to show up at VMOA events.
We welcome anyone who likes to ride!
You'll get ribbed less if your on a VMAX, that's all.

Last I checked about 1300 worldwide. It's worth it to me for the events, Vboost mag and discounts.

What kind of events? There are no events whatsoever listed for the Southeast region on the VMOA website. Otherwise, I'd love to join.

My Concours has an awesome owner's group (COG) with a national rally and a lot of well-attended smaller 3-day rallies in each region. They are a bunch of great folks who know the bike inside and out and have a lot of fun riding and wrenching together. Hmmm...dedicated riders enthralled with a bike that had a 20-year-plus production run and who are now welcoming the riders of the second generation of that model....I'm sensing a trend....

What does the VMOA do? Any members in the SE want to speak up?

All kinds. We hook up for happy hour, supper, dyno drags, local poker runs, etc.

Here's the SE director's email addy. His name is Walt Bishop and is a very good guy. He planned the Daytona events.

[email protected]

What kind of events? There are no events whatsoever listed for the Southeast region on the VMOA website. Otherwise, I'd love to join.

My Concours has an awesome owner's group (COG) with a national rally and a lot of well-attended smaller 3-day rallies in each region. They are a bunch of great folks who know the bike inside and out and have a lot of fun riding and wrenching together. Hmmm...dedicated riders enthralled with a bike that had a 20-year-plus production run and who are now welcoming the riders of the second generation of that model....I'm sensing a trend....

Then join and do something about it, there is plenty the Vmoa does

Have you read any vboost articles????

Have you heard of what we have done ???? obviously not

Im not from the SE and cant speak for them but.... dont act likethere isnt enough there to join b ecause you cant find any rides posted at the time, we are not a sport touring group that has rides like COG, BMW or Feejers.

You cant hold the vmoa or the vmaxforum to the standards of the COG or any other forums for that matter. In my experience the vmaxer groups just dont compare to the other motorcyxcle groups/forums.

Dont get me wrong Im not degrading us vmaxers but we are a very small dedicated group and we dont seem to compare to other bike groups.

Although we are very helpful and giving to all vmaxers. Need a part? there are generous guys here willing to give it to you for free. Need help wrenching/fixing your bike at an event, just step back and let the guys take over and fix your bike with free donated parts

As far as events go, we have them!! not like the BMW or your COG group, we dont tour three days like you guys but we have plenty events. And if you want to join only for the events I suggest you go elswhere, SORRY, we just dont have as many or as long rides as BMW, Goldwing, COG

We do have many rides, one to three day events, dyno shoots, a lot of BBQ's and giveaways at major cycle events.

And the vmoa has excellent discounts.

If this isnt enough for you and there are not enough rides then join on and become a Chapter leader and organize rides in your area.

You get back what you put into it.

VMOA Daytona events(Biketoberfest& Bike Week) usually well attended.Usually cookout & gathering @ Boxenstopp V max shop.Gathering on Sat.during last Biketoberfest had 40-50 Maxes.Can pick up a lot of modding ideas & tips from the owners @ these events.VMOA#2103

Last edited:
Then join and do something about it, there is plenty the Vmoa does

Have you read any vboost articles????

Have you heard of what we have done ???? obviously not

Im not from the SE and cant speak for them but.... dont act likethere isnt enough there to join b ecause you cant find any rides posted at the time, we are not a sport touring group that has rides like COG, BMW or Feejers.

You cant hold the vmoa or the vmaxforum to the standards of the COG or any other forums for that matter. In my experience the vmaxer groups just dont compare to the other motorcyxcle groups/forums.

Dont get me wrong Im not degrading us vmaxers but we are a very small dedicated group and we dont seem to compare to other bike groups.

Although we are very helpful and giving to all vmaxers. Need a part? there are generous guys here willing to give it to you for free. Need help wrenching/fixing your bike at an event, just step back and let the guys take over and fix your bike with free donated parts

As far as events go, we have them!! not like the BMW or your COG group, we dont tour three days like you guys but we have plenty events. And if you want to join only for the events I suggest you go elswhere, SORRY, we just dont have as many or as long rides as BMW, Goldwing, COG

We do have many rides, one to three day events, dyno shoots, a lot of BBQ's and giveaways at major cycle events.

And the vmoa has excellent discounts.

If this isnt enough for you and there are not enough rides then join on and become a Chapter leader and organize rides in your area.

You get back what you put into it.

Well said!!! In Ontario we started with no rides, get togethers etc. 4 years ago. Now we have 2 weekend long rides, 4 day rides, a bunch of us get together at the Sport Bike Rally, and a group of us now are going to make an annual meet up on Manitoulin Island. Not only that in the last Vboost a lot of the content was written by myself and another Ontario Chapter member. The VMOA is a great organization, but an effort needs to be made by the members to keep it growing and improving.

I'm in the Southeast. I'm in Orlando, FL.
Our events are mainly just Bike Week and Biketoberfest in Daytona.
Occasionally, a couple of us get together randomly and do something.
Like Last year Randy Bullard did a New years Day Ride in and around Jacksonville, that was a lot of fun.
And Like Last night, me and naughtG went down to see Gary (the person responsible for starting this forum). And Yes we thanked him and told him we love the forum and appreciate everything he has done to provide us with the best site for VMAXERS. We Invited others, but yet it was only NaughtyG and I that went.

As far as the VMOA goes, getting people together spread across 4 states is kind of difficult.
Most VMAX riders are getting up there in age and have full lives that don't allow them to take off for a weekend too often. They usually just hang out with their own closet friends who may or may not be VMAX Riders.
VMAX Riders are a very INDIVIDUALIZED bunch of people. You can see that by simply looking at how different most customized VMAXes are. Even though there are a set amount of mods that can be done, everyone still finds ways to make their Max one of a kind.

I also noticed that most regions have their set yearly event or events and pretty much everyone just sticks with those set events every year. Except for a few smaller get togethers by small groups of friends within the VMOA.
I don' think it comes from any kind of exclusion or anything like that. Just that everyone in the VMOA basically assumes the burden of putting events together on the regional Reps. And you have to remember that those reps are volunteers that have busy lives on thier own. So it's not like they have time to put on events 6-12 times a year.
So we are all left with the normal big events and smaller get togethers by fellow members that live close to each other.

Me and NaughtyG have toyed with the idea of trying to put something together as far as a regular get together.
But he lives in Tampa and I live in Orlando. So it's not easy.

The best I can tell you is keep inviting people to join up and ride with you and eventually you will get people that are willing and available to mount up and ride with you.

I love this forum. But I also love the VMOA. So I do both. And if I had a few more hours a week to spare... I'd probably do the Star forum as well.

The next time Steve Jasse, Randy Bullard and I decide to take a ride up to GA for some BBQ, I'll let ya know, Maybe you can meet us there.
It will be awhile though, Steve just had a vboost installed into his chest. LOL!

Hey coffee_brake,

You can get lots of info about rides, mods, vendors, etc just by being a member of this free forum. Buster has a really good thing happening here. Use the "ride/hook-ups" feature to announce where you would like to ride and chances are good you'll find someone else with which to cruise. The "organized rides" feature will let you know about several regular rides, hopefully some are in your area. Want a discount? Take cash to your local vendor and/or mention this forum and chances are good you'll save the tax at least.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Blaine

Latest posts

Back