Wanted: Older style Craftsman or Stanley screwdrivers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus36

Reaction score
I've been looking at upgrading my screwdriver set. If anyone has a set of these:
1zx9rf5.jpg

I will swap you a new set of Craftsman screwdrivers.

If anyone has this style Stanley Workmaster screwdrivers, I would like to buy them:

2zhky3a.jpg

I've been looking at upgrading my screwdriver set. If anyone has a set of these:
1zx9rf5.jpg

I will swap you a new set of Craftsman screwdrivers.

If anyone has this style Stanley Workmaster screwdrivers, I would like to buy them:

2zhky3a.jpg

Do they need to be magnetic tip like in your photos?

Do they need to be magnetic tip like in your photos?

No magnetic tip required. I am mainly looking for that handle style. I bought a #3 Phillips off eBay, but those style Craftsman handles are tough to find. Husky from Home Depot (lifetime warranty) has some similar to the Stanley style, but not quite as large of a grip as the Workmaster line.

How old are those? I have a set 22 or 23 years old but they don't look like that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I visited garagejournal.com. They claim the Craftsman line was from the 1980s.

A Google search of the Stanley Workmaster line shows that ad from back in 1969.

I have both of those styles because I've been buying tools for over 50 yrs. The Craftsman Diamond Tip current line looks a lot like the clear handles you show. Have you compared them?

My sets are not complete for those particular styles. I have a large set of the best Craftsman I keep separate from other screwdrivers for use on tough jobs, then they go back into the box for storage until the next time.

I have some loose craftsman drivers like those, they are the best drivers I own other than the basic Snap-ons which are only slightly better for like 10x the price. Not only handle comfort but tip fit and wear resistance. Its the difference between stripping or removing a screw and I may never part with them, the old Craftsman tools have.served me well.

Other than keeping an eye on Ebay im not sure where you can find that exact line.

They were marketed as the ergonomic handles. I have a full set around here though it's mixed and matched in the various tool boxes (I have multiple tool boxes between the shop, house and cars.)

Back