watched a great race today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripinanroarin

Reaction score
was sitting out side at the local coffee "bike" shop. I could hear 2 bikes really going at it. I stood up to watch. I knew the one bike was a yamaha warrior but didnt recodnize the other "too fast"
The unknown bike was in the lead. I couldnt tell who won, as they got to far away .
About 1/2 hour later they pulled into the coffee shop. They wouldnt say who beat who. The other bike was a Kawasaki eliminator 900:confused2: never knew there was such a bike . It was in new shape, I couldnt believe it was only a 1986. He said it would run 11's at the track. That must be one of kawasaki"s best secrets.That bike has balls. Here is a video I found on the bike. He said he had a 600 eliminator as well and it runs low 12's. Where were all these bikes when I was growing up..arrrg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ub4TEHxGtg

Pretty sure that bike along with the Honda V65 Magna and Suzuki Madura were the other factories version and competition aimed at the V Max . Obviously didn't work . :rofl_200:

The Eliminator, 1200 Madura and the Max came out in '85 to go against Honda's V65 which came out in '83.

I would still love to have an Eliminator. There used to be a chained, Mr. turbo'd eliminator up here that belonged to a guy on Fort Weinwright. The thing was stupid fast. When he shipped out to another post, so did his bike.

I believe the 900 Eliminator used the ninja engine, I ran across one of these things in the mid 80s while I was on my brothers 80 CBX Honda, we did a 1st gear roll on and it was the closest race I had been in up to that time, we were side by side most of the run and just barely pulled him on the top end, we pulled over in a park down the road and I found out he was already on his 2nd motor......................Good times indeed!.........Tom.

Honda X4 was the closest imitation to the Vmax with a 1300cc inline 4 and max-look alike huge mufflers, but only in production for 6 years. Nice bikes though but I like Vmax much more

Attachments

• x4.jpg
    x4.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 55
I had a 1985 900 Eliminator brand new off the show room floor. I never raced it at the drags, but it was a fast bike. My brother took it out to see what it would do, and when he hammered on it, the bike just about rode out from under him. I guess he wasn't hanging on tight.:punk:
Also I had it over 10 years with zero issues.

Even the 250's were fast.
My neighbor has the only 900 I've seen in fifteen years. Cool bikes.

Seems alot of people here have seen or heard of it,lol. After reading the other posts I can see why it was built. I looked at the specs on the 600 eliminator, and would love to have one as a second bike. It would make a nice light in town bike.:biglaugh:

Think it did use a variant of the Ninja engine. You don't see a lot of them around but they are out there!

I knew a guy that had one... They're MUCH harder to find parts for. Not nearly as good looking and cool sounding as a max IMO.

Chris

I think for one year, 86' or 87', Kamasaki also made a 1,000 Elimnator... sheckk it ooout... Google it...

was sitting out side at the local coffee "bike" shop. I could hear 2 bikes really going at it. I stood up to watch. I knew the one bike was a yamaha warrior but didnt recodnize the other "too fast"
The unknown bike was in the lead. I couldnt tell who won, as they got to far away .
About 1/2 hour later they pulled into the coffee shop. They wouldnt say who beat who. The other bike was a Kawasaki eliminator 900:confused2: never knew there was such a bike . It was in new shape, I couldnt believe it was only a 1986. He said it would run 11's at the track. That must be one of kawasaki"s best secrets.That bike has balls. Here is a video I found on the bike. He said he had a 600 eliminator as well and it runs low 12's. Where were all these bikes when I was growing up..arrrg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ub4TEHxGtg

Picked up my 85 max 3 yrs ago, picking up a mint condition v65 1986 next week, then a cbx 1000....these are all bikes that rocked hard in the early 80's...

Back