Water wetter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel of Death

Reaction score
The overheating thread got me thinking, would running water wetter in your coolant not be a wise idea because it would lower your operating temp? Or would it be a good idea because it helps your radiator work more efficiently? Erik
________
COACH HANDBAGS

Last edited:
It does supposdly improve heat transferrence. But, my cooling system runs fine as-is. I use Toyota factory red coolant for aluminum engines and have a cooler fan switch. 60,000 miles on the bike, no problems. The fan does run more often, but no biggie. My charging system is up to snuff.

I tried Watter Wetter for the 1st time when I was living in Huntsville, AL. It works just fine. However, from my experience with it I cannot truthfully say that it works even 1 little bit better than Toyota Red that I ran before that. It does work, but does not perform cooling miracles.

my $0.02

Wetter does work well in my VW's. However, some of the "red" coolents are almost just as good on their own. Like the toyota red, VW has it's own, "pinkish red" coolent that does a pretty damn good job.

I'm planning to drop all my coolent come spring and we'll see what happens then.

However, if you are having a lot of overheating issues, I would find the real issue before I started tossing bandaids on there that may mask the real issue.

Back