Wet float level checking thoughts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I set up the dry float levels but many times when I try to check them I get very low readings and have to lower the fuel drain line let some fuel run out and then get a different reading. Not sure why this is.
While cleaning a set of old carbs I had an idea. Not sure if it will work but when you look at the float bowl it has a level line on it. Would it be possible to machine part of the float bowl off and epoxy a piece of clear plexi glass on it. With a line for the correct level scribed across the glass you could actually see the level.

Thoughts?

Jim

Next time I screw with float levels Jim I'm going to give weighing the gas drained out a shot. I usually start out setting the floats parallel to the body, then assemble.Here's the info I saved. Level the bike, drain the carbs. Turn the bike on several times to refill the carbs evenly and then drain them into a small glass for weighing. 20-22 grams per carb.
Steve

Back