wet plug!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denhartogsd

Reaction score
Okay sitting on the bike the back cylinder on the right side keeps fouling out by being wet, checked all the plugs other 3 are dry but black. I seem to have good spark on the cylinder that has the wet plug is it the carb or is it something else? I know I have come to the right place for help! Thanks in advance!:confused2:

Check resistance measuring from plug boot to engine ground. Check plug gap too. It's possible an air jet in that carb is dirty/blocked too.

Checked the things you mentioned seemed to all be ok. Took off both air filters from that side of bike, the cylinder i am having problems with the carb has gas running from where the jet needle seats that is the problem correct? What do I do now. Thanks. Another question with the air filters off I start the bike and rev it shouldnt the slides all work the same? Thanks again!

You may want to ck n see if the needle, w/ the diaphragm, is set the same as the others, that the E clips are on the same notches. On one of my carbs, this winter, the jet nozzle that works with this needle, came loose. It was hitting the back carb cover. I could see the difference in spacing by looking down the throats of the carbs. As I'm a firm believer, dump a 1/4 can of Sea Foam in the tank.

Back