what are the chances??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betts

Reaction score
so in my quest to resurect a 85 max. i have run to so many lilltle problems. can't find parts, missing bolts, and so many other things

but the bike is almost ready to turn over, stiill nowhere near street ready

some how in my striping and cleaning plan i forgot the fuel pump,:ummm:
so my question is : can it be easily dissasembled and cleaned? whats the chances that the diaphram has rotted away and full of holes. ( the ones in the carbs had) it hasn't turned a wheel in over decade. can i get away with running some sort fo cleaner through it? i don't have a manual so i don't have anythe to reference

I really cannot answer your question, but there is some real talent on this forum. I would think Sean Morley could help you with your questions and a new fuel pump if needed.

I can only offer you these Manuals to help you on your way.

http://www.chansen.net/Members/VMAX/

Good luck with your project.

so in my quest to resurect a 85 max. i have run to so many lilltle problems. can't find parts, missing bolts, and so many other things

but the bike is almost ready to turn over, stiill nowhere near street ready

some how in my striping and cleaning plan i forgot the fuel pump,:ummm:
so my question is : can it be easily dissasembled and cleaned? whats the chances that the diaphram has rotted away and full of holes. ( the ones in the carbs had) it hasn't turned a wheel in over decade. can i get away with running some sort fo cleaner through it? i don't have a manual so i don't have anythe to reference

Betts....Dave did a nice job on this, maybe you can get some helpful info from it. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8775

Good luck,
danny

Maybe youcan try E-Bay for a fuel pump but, Sean Morley has a pretty big box of toys LOL.:eusa_dance:
I would call him and ask him about one, at least you know your going to get a good one.
Good kuck and enjoy your labour of love.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I do have a few on hand but I bet yours can be cleanup and and still used!

Sean

Back