What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on a project which is top secret once its finished it will be shared its giving me a challenge on trying to get it to work but I am getting closer
Gave it a break put it all back to normal and took the chick for a ride on some back roads I think this is the first time I had my VMAX out and not gone over 75 MPH
She isnt into speed one bit so we just cruise and I keep the tach needle under 7K

Ordered Dale Walker's frame braces, Dyna 3000, and two 10oz nitrous tanks.

I thought you were saving money?? LOL The bug bit you hard too...:biglaugh:

The Walker braces are great. I put electrical tape under the part that mounts to the frames back bone in case I want to take them off some day.

Working on a project which is top secret once its finished it will be shared its giving me a challenge on trying to get it to work but I am getting closer
Gave it a break put it all back to normal and took the chick for a ride on some back roads I think this is the first time I had my VMAX out and not gone over 75 MPH
She isnt into speed one bit so we just cruise and I keep the tach needle under 7K

Finished my idea now its time to install and put some seat time under it
Was some time invested trying to get all the pieces together and work I think I got about 13 hours of R&D into it
Once it has proven its self and has no problems it will be up for sale time to work on another one
To be updated

I thought you were saving money?? LOL The bug bit you hard too...:biglaugh:

The Walker braces are great. I put electrical tape under the part that mounts to the frames back bone in case I want to take them off some day.

LOL, yeah it sorta did :biglaugh:. Going back to work helped too. I was looking at my old MC parts from my XS and decided that it would be a shame not to use them. I still have my N2O manifolds, fuel pump and lines and my Schnitz progressive controller after selling the rest of my old dual stage. I was never fond of the bulky 2lb bottles so I'm opting for the twin 10oz units and preditor nozzles.

So that brings up the frame braces. Like Dale said, I'm going to need somewhere to mount the tanks :rofl_200:.

Great idea on the tape, I'll do the same.

Ordered Dale Walker's frame braces, Dyna 3000, and two 10oz nitrous tanks.

Let me know how that Dyna3000 treats you, I really think I need one...
1st for the rev limiter, 2nd for the ignition curves, 3rd to piss off the wife!

I missed 2nd at the strip last weekend while spraying nitrous, and there was a nice blue flame out the exhaust, and I though my shift light was stuck on as it stayed lit longer than I have ever seen before.... still ran 103mph in the 1/8. I've got a movie of it, and will try to post it in the next week or so..... it makes every orifice of my body pucker when I watch it.... don't think I did anything good to the motor on that pass.

Jeff

Jeff

Thats the reason, I'm putting it on. I want to retard the timing and for the rev limiter. I've ran N2O in my XS for over 20 years and didn't have a problem. Back then I was using a modified Dana S ignition that was retarded about 4-5 deg. The engine was only apart twice, once to replace the head and cams with a ported one and the other time was to swap headgaskets.

Gently took her clothes off and went on a smooth ride to the bank. It's about 84? in sunny Florida today and nothing better than getting a tan.:eusa_dance:

I missed 2nd at the strip last weekend while spraying nitrous, and there was a nice blue flame out the exhaust, and I though my shift light was stuck on as it stayed lit longer than I have ever seen before.... still ran 103mph in the 1/8. I've got a movie of it, and will try to post it in the next week or so..... it makes every orifice of my body pucker when I watch it.... don't think I did anything good to the motor on that pass.

Jeff

Hmm do I smell a new Pingel Airshifter in the works, I can hear it now "But hunny I really need this it will save us in the long run with increased gas mileage, dont you like to invest to save in the long run" :rofl_200:

Today I watched my faux tank, fenders and gauge cover being painted .
Can't wait to get my engine rebuild complete . Weather here in Florida is awesome . Riding a harley roadking while the max is down .:bang head:

Today I watched my faux tank, fenders and gauge cover being painted .
Can't wait to get my engine rebuild complete . Weather here in Florida is awesome . Riding a harley roadking while the max is down .:bang head:

That's another thing on my to do list!
Who'd you have do your paint work? About how much did it cost you?

That's another thing on my to do list!
Who'd you have do your paint work? About how much did it cost you?
well I have my friend painting it , He paints and airbrushes for U.S Customs. so cost is free other than the paint :biglaugh:

Bought some oil, need to get the winter stuff out. I have been putting it off.

Snipped the ends of my plug wires and gained 1/2 KOhm or so from a couple of the wires. Cleaned the coil posts and plug boots.

Put wire coming from main fuse on it's own bung as suggested by Rusty. This is the wire that goes to the positive post of the starter relay. My neutral light doesn't dim anymore when signals are on...sweet.

Put new plugs in, non resistor DP8EA-9. I gapped them all to .035 inches.

Oh, did a nice short fish tail on entrance ramp after work....in 2nd gear. A cold tire makes it easier. :punk:

Next, new pads for my Tokico calipers. Kloker's been bugging me to get my unsafe early calipers in the trash.

Hah, how's this for pitiful.

I got mine out from under the cover, and couldn't think of anywhere to go. I rode figure eights in my driveway for about 10 minutes and then put it in the garage...

lol just go.....alot of times I just pull out of the drive way and go and see were the ride takes me....:biglaugh:

Cleaned her up, installed Dale Walker's frame braces, fitted the twin NX nitrous tanks, ordered new N2O lines.

Attachments

• Vmax2.jpg
    Vmax2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Vmax1.jpg
    Vmax1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 44
ordered dyna coils and nology wires , and thinking of buying ,morleys seat set. other than that just waiting for parts to arrive :eusa_dance:

Finally got around to changing out the Brake and Clutch fluids... man that stuff was NASTY in the clutch reservoir! I don't think the previous owners ever even looked at the clutch fluid.

However, she's runnin fat and happy now!

:thumbs up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back