What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well gents today I went for a ride on the max and realised just what a lifechanging experience bikes can be.freedom.nature ,adrenaline rush ,danger,excitement,thrills all in one ride.Why? because 2 weeks ago I bought my 1st car in 20 years and for the past 2 weeks it has been the Big Wet in far north Queensland.It doesn't rain it buckets down and usually I ride in every kind of weather except cyclones.So for 2 weeks i have been so so safe in a tin can so far away from or so removed from all that happens.It is like being in a cocoon and getting back on the bike just tears away the insulation and frees the mind and body ready for action.it feels good to feel alive again.I'm not good at expressing the difference between humdrum and the heartbeats of a drum...

>Well i got some new chrome(headlight bezel,mini turn signals)
>put my drag bars back on, cause i really missed them...
>Had some powder coating done(calipers, rotors, backrest,bar end mirror)
> Bought a clear clutch cover
>Bought a polished aluminum instrument cover
>Got a new paint job. Had a guy do some airbrushing, then he put a couple of coats of that candy blue paint on top of it.
> then i changed my radiator fluid over to the engine ice. Looks good thru my clear waterpump with the new paint job.
>I'm considering polishing my rear differential.

Attachments

• DSCN0366 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0366 (Small).JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 28
Looks B-E-A-utiful Bill! LOVE the paint color and air brushing! You didn't go over the top! LOVE IT!:thumbs up:

Is that a Legacy GT in the background?

Thanks Chris,
Ya i'm happy with the way it came out.
I wanted something different & ended up with like that ripped effect. And yes , that's my wifes Gt in the background. Good eyes, you must know your subaru's.

Bill, is this the same 85 vmax that you have in the garage section - if so, great transformation!!! looks like a totally different bike - better than a new one :thumbs up:

:cheers: Mike

Bill, is this the same 85 vmax that you have in the garage section - if so, great transformation!!! looks like a totally different bike - better than a new one :thumbs up:

:cheers: Mike

Yes, same one Mike.
Thanks for the compliments...
Now i'm just waiting for spring so i can ride it:whistlin:

Thanks Chris,
Ya i'm happy with the way it came out.
I wanted something different & ended up with like that ripped effect. And yes , that's my wifes Gt in the background. Good eyes, you must know your subaru's.

My Bro has a silver one... We installed up and down pipes and went stage two with it...:surprise: That thing is FAST! Added about 50BHP so he's seeing about 249 to the wheels which isn't bad for a 2.5L four.:thumbs up:

I installed a handbrake assy on the trike today. I found out that anything with more than two wheels has to have a handbrake. Its a good thing I found out when I did as its due to go to the engineer for inspection on Tues 22nd:rulez:and he would have picked it up for sure.

Hey Guys! have a look at the first of my weekly post on the build of the trike. Its on page two of Vmax trike its in the v-boost room. I'll be posting each Sunday night with photos showing the progress.
Cheers!
Fitzy

I just took my carbs off to inspect the rubber boots at the intakes - they are all dry-rotted & cracked so I ordered new ones from the local yammy dealer - should have them by friday I hope...

I just took my carbs off to inspect the rubber boots at the intakes - they are all dry-rotted & cracked so I ordered new ones from the local yammy dealer - should have them by friday I hope...

Keep in mind that we get a discount with University Motors in SD. 15% over COST! I bet it would save you a ton even with shipping!:whistlin:

I tried to use University, but I had trouble linking to it - is their site down ? Can I call them instead & just ask for somebody ?

Well, I got my new turnsignal / mirrors installed. They are a little cheap looking, but I like them better than stock, they are smaller, and have a lower profile... plus they were only $30, so it isn't too much out of the pocket to try them. The biggest problem with them is that they come with a single element bulb, so there goes the front running lights. I thought about trying to put in a new dual element bulb and run an extra wire, but there wasn't enough room, and seemed pretty time consuming. Here is what I did to resolve this problem:
I got two automotive relays and wired them in, one for each signal. I have attached the diagram for one side. It was pretty simple to do, but I haven't tried shoving everything into the headlight shell yet, but it looks like there is room.
Cheers,
Jeff

Attachments

• P1010115.jpg
    P1010115.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010116.jpg
    P1010116.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010117.jpg
    P1010117.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 11
My Max got some new oil and filter today together with new fuel filter, head light bulb, new HT leads (never again...) and NGK plug caps :punk:

My Max got some new oil and filter today together with new fuel filter, head light bulb, new HT leads (never again...) and NGK plug caps :punk:

The HT leads are a bitch aren't they? :stickyman:

Did mine last year and my bike had only 1200 miles on it... I would hate to do some OLD ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back