What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The HT leads are a bitch aren't they? :stickyman:

Tell me more about it :whistlin: Rear ones are ok - 5min and they're replaced (of course with seat taken off the bike) but front ones... I had to strip out half of my bike today :bang head: and still couldn't get a proper access to the coils :confused2: Nightmare...

thanks for that info..even tho im planning to keep max all stock..i like learning the lingo

I went to visit my max today. It's stored in a heated storage. Took off all the billet aluminum parts that I bought a while back and will be sending them back to the ebay seller - he agreed to coat them black with aluminum accents - will match this bike better than my old red vmax. Also took off the rear fender to bring home - will be installing a new license plate bracket and relocating the mini signal to it. Than I can be able to install my saddlebags whenever I need them.

Getting the winter projects done now.

:cheers: Mike

Hmmm haven't done much today, but I guess I can list my mods that I have done or am having done at this time:

Engine: 1428cc PCW Racing big bore w/solid motor mounts, Cycle One Off oil pressure gauge, Cycle One Off frame sliders, HMF exhaust, and am purchasing a Morley Muscle Jet kit to be installed and dyno tuned by PCW Racing:punk:

Suspension: Progressive fork springs, custom fork brace, Progressive 418 rear shocks (12.5"), RC Sabre pattern 18" wheels w/Metzler radials, having custom frame braces made for installation this Spring, Galfer braided brake/clutch lines, and a Galfer wave rotor on the rear.

Appearance: Custom paint, side mounted license plate, LED tail and brake lights, mini shield, drag bars, Arlen Ness flame mirrors, flame radiator grill/scoop grill covers, and grips.

That should just about cover it... for now.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
VMOA# 4046
Western Ontario Chapter Leader

Attachments

• mymax.jpg
    mymax.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
It being Austin, Texas and all, and as it was 70 degrees on a Sunday afternoon, I took off on my 99 Vmax and headed for the hills.

Just randomly made turns and took scenic roads until I ended up somewhere off Hamilton Pool Road watching the Pedernales River flow by.

Great day. Great ride. Lots of bikes out. It was all I could do to only let her feed on two V-Rods along the way. She does get hungry ya know.

Poor Harley riders never knew what hit'em....

:rocket bike:

today was board so i changed oil...went with rotella t 5- 40 syn.......first time syn user in any of my bikes..bike sat for couple of months in outside storage shed with battery in bike...fired right up....sick of 1000, 1500 mile oil changes real pain in the ass...atleast i can go to 2500 ,3000 mile without worry before next change....know of guys in bmw who go 10,000 miles...im not sure if there tranny is setbup the same way as the max

fitted drag bars last week but the banjos clashed with top of forks, so changed again to renthals.much better.
went for a blast around sussex and surrey. beauti:nyah nyah:ful day:nyah nyah:

I participate regularly in various motorcycle forums and this thread is usually a fun one. It gives us a lot of ideas of what each of us does from one day to another on our bikes and also gives us ideas of what to do to our own Max's...:thumbs up:

Please post here if you rode it to work, took the dust cover off it & washed it, took the engine out, pumped up the tires, turned on the light & looked at it... etc etc, you get the idea. Nothing is too trivial to post here... Anything goes except NSFW items...:whistlin:

So?? :ummm:

Good advise Chris :thumbs up: Since I bought my Max in September I've done the following with the inspiration of this forum and yourself:worthy:
Of course many are very simple tasks, but here it goes.

New wider h-bars
Wide blade levers
Chrome Vmax master cylinder covers
Mirrors
Winkers
LED brake-running light mod
Replaced the rear reflector with a LED brake light
Synched carbs
NGK Iridium plugs
Furber Fix
Supertrapp exhaust/with paint it black end caps
Tuning fork head bolt covers
Corbin seat (yeah, I know many Max owners don't like them, but my wife does!)
Red reflectors in the radiator covers (thats short term)
Pulled and painted the front rotors black.
Pulled and painted the final drive and rear brake caliper bracket black
Replaced all the rotor bolts with polished stainless bolts.
Removed the tuning fork emblems off the tank.
Replaced the swing arm covers with tuning fork emblem covers.
Replaced all the engine case and carb bolts with polished stainless bolts.
Powder coated the peg mounts
Painted a blacked out eye liner around the headlight
Installed COO frame sliders (we don't wanna talk about their service, do we :whistlin:)

Anyway, I also blacked out many other parts and its still a work in progress.

Thanks to all with the great ideas:cheers:
Clay

Good advise Chris :thumbs up: Since I bought my Max in September I've done the following with the inspiration of this forum and yourself:worthy:
Of course many are very simple tasks, but here it goes.

New wider h-bars
Wide blade levers
Chrome Vmax master cylinder covers
Mirrors
Winkers
LED brake-running light mod
Replaced the rear reflector with a LED brake light
Synched carbs
NGK Iridium plugs
Supertrapp exhaust/with paint it black end caps
Tuning fork head bolt covers
Corbin seat (yeah, I know many Max owners don't like them, but my wife does!)
Red reflectors in the radiator covers (thats short term)
Pulled and painted the front rotors black.
Pulled and painted the final drive and rear brake caliper bracket black
Replaced all the rotor bolts with polished stainless bolts.
Removed the tuning fork emblems off the tank.
Replaced the swing arm covers with tuning fork emblem covers.
Replaced all the engine case and carb bolts with polished stainless bolts.
Powder coated the peg mounts
Painted a blacked out eye liner around the headlight
Installed COO frame sliders (we don't wanna talk about their service, do we :whistlin:)

Anyway, I also blacked out many other parts and its still a work in progress.

Thanks to all with the great ideas:cheers:
Clay

Man law= photos please :biglaugh:

Man law= photos please :biglaugh:

Well, man law = pussy and power in my book:clapping: Sorry that I cant help you with the first wonderful thing:confused2: But, here is my Max instead:cheers: Sorry the pics arent clear!

Clay

Last edited:
Well, man law = pussy and power in my book:clapping: Sorry that I cant help you with the first wonderful thing:confused2: But, here is my Max instead:cheers: Sorry the pics arent clear!

Clay

ill tell ya those trapps look good ,,,,, got me thinking

I did this in Dec 07 but forgot to post it.

Added Galfer wave rotor to the rear. Made a big difference to the braking and looks.

Here's a before and after shot.

Attachments

• otec.jpg
    otec.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 34
  • galfer rear.jpg
    galfer rear.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 41
I added a Yamaha Windscreen - yes, it really does cut down on the wind blast - and I added Highway pegs too (I know, sacralidge!!!), but on the longer runs through the Hill Country it sure is nice to change up the feet a bit!!!

Later this week I will be adding the Flaming Skull Radiator cover I bought on ebay when it arrives.

Attachments

• Vmax2.jpg
    Vmax2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 33
Finally added the Flaming Skull Radiator cover. Tomorrow I am off with friends to Enchanted Rock.... it will be in the 80's in Austin, Ladies and Gents.... gods it's good to be a Texas!!!

Attachments

• Bike a.jpg
    Bike a.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 24
  • bike b.jpg
    bike b.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 26
Got tax refund, payed off some bills and ordered a set of Trapps and some open endcaps, with the leftover $

Finally got enough done to update my garage listing. Thanks to all who answered my many questions.

The first pic is what it looked like when I bought it, I've made the following changes since fall:

Wave Rotors front and back
R1 brake calipers, powdercoated and EBC HH pads
Rear brake pads
Blue Dot front headlight (from previous owner)
Stainless Steel Brake lines front and rear (from previous owner)
Chrome T-Boost switch
Chrome manual fan bypass switch
Custom paint job
Front and rear clear mini turn signals (rear changed to red led and wired for running lights)
Clear tailight lens with red led's
Sportmax handlebars with Pro Grip foam grips
Billet master cylinder covers
Short stem mirrors
Polished my own scoops
Removed Sissy Bar and polished and clear coated
Clear Clutch cover
Powdered coated Stator insert (No Wagon Wheels!!)
Progressive front springs and fork dropped 1" in the tubes
Furber Fix
12.5" Rear Progressive shocks
Polished billet rear brake stay

Still waiting on a new seat and Clear Water Pump cover

Nothing earthshaking but I like it.

Attachments

• MyBike.jpg
    MyBike.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 24
  • BIKE11.JPG
    BIKE11.JPG