What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pulled the cover off and started it up for the first time since nov. been turning the key about once a week but hadnt started it up till today. turned over first push and ran strong. got to get it down to the dealership to install yet another r1 setup using otec triples this time with the 04 r1 front forks, radial mount brakes, isr radial masters, and new shift light. looks like there could be a pair of works street trackers on the rear if i can get it down there tomorrow and get them to remove the stockers. gotta have the r1 rear brake swiched out for a gold one to match the new front calipers also. looks like another year of bread and water for me lol. seems thats been my diet for the past 2 years anyway. it'll be ready for laconia and possibly thunder-depending on the financial situation.

later odieoh24

Put my carbs on today. I had a sticking float valve. Getting my shed ready. Hung a shop light. WalMart is having a sale on electric heaters. $10 for a small metal heater/fan. Now I have light and heat. Next step is install my compressor.
I think I'm going to sell one of my tool chests. Make some room. I'm looking at May for 1st ride. Keep doing stuff on it until then. Where I live we have no Spring. Goes from winter to summer in one day. Dave

I am still keeping things simple. Just got my fly screen in and will be putting in on tonight when I get home.
DK let me know how it works out at highway speeds your thoughts if you wear a full helmet let me know about the noise level...thanks

Since it has been raining for the past 2 months to the point of floods ,I removed the fairing and the handlebars I had fitted and fitted a pair of clubman bars I picked up last week.Iam also in the process of fitting 2 projector beam lights to replace the 7" round headlight ,1 projector for low beam and 2 for high beam.All the wiring that hides in the headlight is going into a hobby box.I am thinking of fitting the front indicators into the front of the scoops or on the sides of the radiator,maybe.

What about a set of projector beams in the scoop grill?

What type of lights are you using Kevman?

Last edited:
Since it has been raining for the past 2 months to the point of floods ,I removed the fairing and the handlebars I had fitted and fitted a pair of clubman bars I picked up last week.Iam also in the process of fitting 2 projector beam lights to replace the 7" round headlight ,1 projector for low beam and 2 for high beam.All the wiring that hides in the headlight is going into a hobby box.I am thinking of fitting the front indicators into the front of the scoops or on the sides of the radiator,maybe.

i put my signals inside the scoops, it's easier to accomplish if you use the led arrow type indicators. i dont recall exactly where i got the arrows-maybe e-bay, i'll look around. he's a few pics. i know that here in vt, this setup is not dot approved and i cannot get the bike inspected-been riding without it for 4-5 years. if you're worried about this, i'd check with your inspection station, before you do a bunch of work for nothing.

later odieoh

Attachments

• 001 - Copy.jpg
    001 - Copy.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 002 - Copy (2).jpg
    002 - Copy (2).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 011 - Copy.jpg
    011 - Copy.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 394.jpg
    394.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 14
What about a set of projector beams in the scoop grill?

What type of lights are you using Kevman?

G'day Gleno Ihave 2 pairs of lights ,1 are Hella Optilux[ADR approved ]and the other are a set I scored off Ebay and they are lethal.I had them on my B12s and literally melt sunnies at 100metres.So I thought 1 hella low beam and the hella and the other on for high beam.Though Idid see a bellypan with spotlights mounted in it which I liked and there is not enough room to mount them in the scoops.I have seen those indicator lights but definitely not legal but then 3/4 of the things I have done to my bike aren't legal but I don't want to make it too obvious but how noticeable are they during the day? thanks

113, Haven't done any HW driving with the fly screen yet. Jus t running around town I found myself not putting my visor down up to about 45 so I think it will be pretty good. Keep in mind I am only 5'7" so it deflects alot of air for me. Will give you a better update after running around on it this weekend.

113, Haven't done any HW driving with the fly screen yet. Jus t running around town I found myself not putting my visor down up to about 45 so I think it will be pretty good. Keep in mind I am only 5'7" so it deflects alot of air for me. Will give you a better update after running around on it this weekend.
thanks for update

Gave the bike a good polish, started it up for a little, installed a battery tender, and a clear brake light lens (blends in real nice with the clear lens' on the turn signals)

:drool:

Gave the bike a good polish, started it up for a little, installed a battery tender, and a clear brake light lens (blends in real nice with the clear lens' on the turn signals)

:drool:
DOES BRAKE LIGHT STILL LIGHT UP RED red bulb ?

Besides traditional maintnance, I just completed the install of a new LED tail light and license plate bracket. I also installed new turn signals. Finally, this was done a while back, but still needs mentioning, I installed my Morley Muscle seat (I can't say enough how great this mod was!). I will get pictures later when I get home.

Changed the oil inspected my new crankcase ventalation setup. No oil on the puke tank after 120 miles of hard ass stress test riding.
I do have moisture in the clear vent tubes going to the carbs which means its doing it's job.

DOES BRAKE LIGHT STILL LIGHT UP RED red bulb ?

Yup, it comes with 2 red bulbs. I was going to change my signals, but after seeing how well it all blends together with the clear signals, I'm going to leave them as-is.

I'll put up some pictures tomorrow.

Here is a picture, when I move my truck to get a better view, I'll put up a couple more better ones. off, running and brake on.

Attachments

• lens1.jpg
    lens1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 36
Here is a picture, when I move my truck to get a better view, I'll put up a couple more better ones. off, running and brake on.

I'm surprised to see that Yamaha sticker still on your fender... I took mine off the day I brought it home. :whistlin:

Looks good M8!

Still not a fan of the big tail light but...

This is a great option but Hubeerjw can set ya up with a much cheaper version too... Just letting people in on the options...

Attachments

• Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 26
I'm surprised to see that Yamaha sticker still on your fender... I took mine off the day I brought it home. :whistlin:

Looks good M8!

Still not a fan of the big tail light but...

I was going to take it off when I removed the yellow "warning" sticker off the dummy tank, but I got sidetracked and just haven't got around to pulling it off yet.

I put an update in the Mods sections, don't want to type it all again!!
it's under grab bar taillight or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back