What did your V_MAX do for you today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nearly got me killed, then saved my ass, altho it technically wasn't the bikes fault...

so i was about a 1/3 mile from my house and on the road that leads to mine a nieghbors poodle (about 15 lbs) came sprinting out of their garage, didn't see it until it hit the street and i was right about at the start of their driveway (going say 35 mph ish)... the dog then attacked my front tire and bounced off by the time i was 1/2 - 3/4 thru the width of their driveway. dog smacked its head off the front rim and i locked up the back and skid to a stop...

went over to check on the dog, there was piss everywhere it was bleeding from the mouth, whimpering and spasming (like something that is dying/just got killed would be). owner comes out and picks it up. i'm trying to talk to him (older gent) but he's ignoring me. later find out hes really hard of hearing so he wasn't pissed or anything...

so he get the dog in the house and him and his wife and another neighbor who was outside were calling a vet place, by that time the dog has perked up and started barking at me again.. still bleeding and shaking tho... so by the time they find a vet (and my buddy goes to my house to grab my g/f who is a vet tech) the dog is doing better and actually jumps off the ottoman and walks to get into the car to goto the vet. an even longer story short, the dog is fine just pretty banged up...

bike is fine, i'm fine.. didn't go down (thankfully), but probably would have if the dog got under either tire

shit like this just reminds me how exposed and vulnerable you are on a bike....

and also apparently this dog likes to attack/chase motorcycles so they were suprised and didn't blame me in the least... they said they are going to tie her up from now on...

altho i went home and chilled for a bit and tried to help my roommate do a rotor change on his saab, i went back out on the bike for 15 miles or so, so i didn't end the day on a shitty note......

Glad eveything turned out OK.....sheesh:ummm:

thanks man.. it was hairy for that 1/2 second...

saw the dog the next day on a walk w/the guy... pulled over (on the bike) to say hi n such.. still tried to chase me as i pulled away (on a leash this time)

Whoa Garrett...that storey could've had a different ending, glad it all worked out for you. Not so sure about the dog tho, sometimes an incident like that will be a learning thing and sometimes they get more pissed off and go right back and attack the source of their pain.
It looks like this dog is in the latter bunch...keep a sharp eye out for that one buddy!

Whoa Garrett...that storey could've had a different ending, glad it all worked out for you. Not so sure about the dog tho, sometimes an incident like that will be a learning thing and sometimes they get more pissed off and go right back and attack the source of their pain.
It looks like this dog is in the latter bunch...keep a sharp eye out for that one buddy!

yea i dunno man.. not sure hwo a motorcycle caused this little shit some pain... small like 15 - 20 lb dog....

Back