What did your V_MAX do for you today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax626

Reaction score
Here it is a borrowed idea but, I thought it might be a fun one.

My V-MAX couldn`t do nothing for me today because it`s raining:bang head:.

scared the shit out of me a couple of times while ripping around the country side, trying to get adjusted to the t-boost. dave

Yeah but isin`t that what we v-maxers call FUN :eusa_dance: Iv`e had the v-boost now for a month and I love it. I got mine from quality parts online and the switching is on at 3g., 6g. or off.
I hear that some of them have an on all the time option and I wanna try out that configureation. Does any body know how to re wire the switch ???.:ummm: <<Dave>>

Yeah but isin`t that what we v-maxers call FUN :eusa_dance: Iv`e had the v-boost now for a month and I love it. I got mine from quality parts online and the switching is on at 3g., 6g. or off.
I hear that some of them have an on all the time option and I wanna try out that configureation. Does any body know how to re wire the switch ???.:ummm: <<Dave>>

heck yes it is fun, you forget how much power this thing has if you don't ride it for a long period of time.:eusa_dance:

Yeah, I guess I shouldn`t complain that much while, you guys have to deal with snow, all we get is rain but, we can go to the snow LOL.
It just seems like I have a chance to ride then, some big black cloud comes over head and wants to piss on me.:tantrum:
by the way how do you use the "chat" lounge ??

<<Dave>>

Piss off some big bastard in a fugly Dodge van. I was on my way home from work today and found my favorite "give it hell spot" full of Sunday drivers:bang head: I ended up weaving through them in just enough time and ripped into it, only to find a Caravan merging on to the highway and flying by him at 120. Apparently I pissed the guy off:confused2: Cause when I stopped about 2 miles down the road to get a beer, he drove by yelling out his window and waving his arm something about slow down you SOB. I kinda felt bad, cause all I could do was smile and tell him he was #1 :biglaugh:

Today, a co-worker of mine and I both rode our bikes. ALL day long he told me about how fast his Hardly Davidson was. This afternoon when we got off work, he found out that it wasn't.

BTW, I finally figured why HD riders like to have leather fringe on their handlebars....

wait for it...

It's so they can tell if they are MOVING. :biglaugh:

It put a grin on my face from ear to ear!
I was riding beside my GF/ladyfriend at a astonishing speed of 55. She was on her Marauder.
55 just doesn't work for me.
I dropped two gears and cracked the throttle... 1mile straight followed by several twisties...
Holy... I love this thing! If I ever get the Vmax V2.0 I'll kill myself.

Today, a co-worker of mine and I both rode our bikes. ALL day long he told me about how fast his Hardly Davidson was. This afternoon when we got off work, he found out that it wasn't.

BTW, I finally figured why HD riders like to have leather fringe on their handlebars....

wait for it...

It's so they can tell if they are MOVING. :biglaugh:
Why do you think they call them hogs ?
you get 2 of them side by side in a single lane , well your better off trying to get around 2 half blind old ladies in wheel chairs.

<<Dave>>:rofl_200:

What has my Vmax done for me?

Well day before yesterday it busted up two knuckles and my knees and back are still hurting. I'm never doing the valves again without a real bike lift.
Yesterday it got several more knuckles and some coolant in the eye when I put in 4 of the 6 delrin motor mounts, while I'm waiting for shims in the mail so I can finish the valve adjust.

There's no work for me to do at my job, so today I'm sure the Vmax should be able to bash an elbow or two while I put on my set of used Ebay Supertrapp slip-ons.

And I thought that damnable Harley was a shop-whore.....

Well it`s more like a water hose in your face with 40-50 mph. winds and hale.
It`s bad enough driving in a car and a very bad idea on a motorcycle.
The freeways are bad and very poorly maintained.
It`s just too easy to fall, I hear about it almost every day on the traffic report.:wacko:
I`m going to try to get in some miles today.

Well day before yesterday it busted up two knuckles and my knees and back are still hurting. I'm never doing the valves again without a real bike lift.
Yesterday it got several more knuckles and some coolant in the eye when I put in 4 of the 6 delrin motor mounts, while I'm waiting for shims in the mail so I can finish the valve adjust.

There's no work for me to do at my job, so today I'm sure the Vmax should be able to bash an elbow or two while I put on my set of used Ebay Supertrapp slip-ons.

At least when you get it out of the shop you will enjoy the fruit of your labor. And when you hit that throttle you will get that good 'ol vmax rush! Not to bad of a payback in my book!:punk:

Are you going to use your elbows to tap them on ? Ohhh boy, Maybe a block of soft wood and a mallet would work better or, maybe call the paramedics and tell them that you are going to work on your bike today :rofl_200:LOL.(just kidding) thats why I don`t like to work on my cars there`s just no room to do repairs without banging yourself up.:bang head:
<<Dave>>

Mine came home today!!!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::clapping:

Everyday mine teaches me patience is a virtue:punk:

Today it taught me you cant sync carbs if the butterfly is open at idle. She is a strict task master but I love her.:th_whip:

Tomorrow will be round three and I will win this battle

She's 23 this year, and I'm looking forward to antique tags in two years.
It's not very often that I hear it, but it does happen every once in a while. Probably twice a year, maybe three.

"What in the fuck is that!?"
It's a Vmax.:punk:

I just got back from buying Sunday beer (blue laws in Arkansas).
During that one stop while riding, I got my quota for the year.
I pulled up at the store, threw the kickstand down, and didn't even get my helmet off, when I heard someone from the other side of the parking lot.
"damn!, What is that?! I've never seen one of those. It looks badass."
I replied "It's a Vmax. It's 23 years old."
He said "It looks fast"
Yup! It's fun. It probably makes more HP than your car.
"Damn!"
you should see the new ones! They put out about 200HP.

A few seconds later, I walked into the store, and the new guy behind the counter said..."I saw you pull up, What in the hell are you riding?"
I went through the same spill.

As I left the store and strapped my beer to the back seat, I hear a voice from the car two parking spots up. A pretty little black gal asked...
What is that? That thing is sweet.

It's a Vmax, wanna ride?

I don't think her boyfriend appreciated it, and I left part of my Metzeler behind just for entertainment purposes.

So the season has just begun and I have already got my limit.
I don't even count the responses that involve "my brother's cousin's mailman used to have one of those, and damn near killed himself".
Those are way too frequent.
I just find it amusing that after 24 years, the Vmax, while being outdated, still brings curiosity, and intrigue.

She's a spectacular steed, with way more class and interest than most new bikes.

She made me smile like the first day I brought her home. Version 2.0 be damned.

@ eatatjoz:

Great story! Made me smile as I have encountered the same sort of thing. :th_peace:

G Man

nearly got me killed, then saved my ass, altho it technically wasn't the bikes fault...

so i was about a 1/3 mile from my house and on the road that leads to mine a nieghbors poodle (about 15 lbs) came sprinting out of their garage, didn't see it until it hit the street and i was right about at the start of their driveway (going say 35 mph ish)... the dog then attacked my front tire and bounced off by the time i was 1/2 - 3/4 thru the width of their driveway. dog smacked its head off the front rim and i locked up the back and skid to a stop...

went over to check on the dog, there was piss everywhere it was bleeding from the mouth, whimpering and spasming (like something that is dying/just got killed would be). owner comes out and picks it up. i'm trying to talk to him (older gent) but he's ignoring me. later find out hes really hard of hearing so he wasn't pissed or anything...

so he get the dog in the house and him and his wife and another neighbor who was outside were calling a vet place, by that time the dog has perked up and started barking at me again.. still bleeding and shaking tho... so by the time they find a vet (and my buddy goes to my house to grab my g/f who is a vet tech) the dog is doing better and actually jumps off the ottoman and walks to get into the car to goto the vet. an even longer story short, the dog is fine just pretty banged up...

bike is fine, i'm fine.. didn't go down (thankfully), but probably would have if the dog got under either tire

shit like this just reminds me how exposed and vulnerable you are on a bike....

and also apparently this dog likes to attack/chase motorcycles so they were suprised and didn't blame me in the least... they said they are going to tie her up from now on...

altho i went home and chilled for a bit and tried to help my roommate do a rotor change on his saab, i went back out on the bike for 15 miles or so, so i didn't end the day on a shitty note......

Latest posts

Back