what do you use for spacers in racetech set up?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitek

Reaction score
I'm in process getting racetech springs and emulators and I just find out from tech support that it doesn't come with any spacers. I want to lower about 1-2 inches. I have machine shop at my work so they can make anything I want :) so the question is what do you use for spacers and I would love to know dimension so my body can do it ahead of time.

Vitek

I'm in process getting racetech springs and emulators and I just find out from tech support that it doesn't come with any spacers. I want to lower about 1-2 inches. I have machine shop at my work so they can make anything I want :) so the question is what do you use for spacers and I would love to know dimension so my body can do it ahead of time.

Vitek

Here you go.

1st pic courtesy of Maleko (Mark). The other three are from Racetech. The .pdf is full instructions on how to install the Racetech kit and make the spacers.

For your pre-load spacers use thick walled PVC tubing (3mm) with and external diameter of about 22mm for the 40mm fork tubes (slightly larger for fork tubes later than 1993).

Attachments

• Image-01.jpg
    Image-01.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 53
  • RaceTech1.jpg
    RaceTech1.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 49
  • RaceTech2.jpg
    RaceTech2.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 40
  • RaceTech3.jpg
    RaceTech3.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Fork Tuning.pdf
    319.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Here you go.

1st pic courtesy of Maleko (Mark). The other three are from Racetech. The .pdf is full instructions on how to install the Racetech kit and make the spacers.

For your pre-load spacers use thick walled PVC tubing (3mm) with and external diameter of about 22mm for the 40mm fork tubes (slightly larger for fork tubes later than 1993).

awesome! THX for the info!

Vitek

Just be sure to put steel washers between springs and pvc. PVC does the job just fine as far as occupying space and lowering, but you still want the washer to be there to stop the spring from cutting into it/slipping/etc.

Do be sure to account for the washer(s) when determining the length of your pre-load spacer.

Latest posts

Back