what is in the box?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have " several " sets on the shelf for those opportunities / challenges when the Vmax just won't do right. My stage 7 rarely has issues . I bought the '90 blue Max with it , aftermarket cams and a Kerker 4-1 , sorted. The guy I bought it from had a small Yamaha dealership , and when requirements to maintain it rose substantially , he went into the scooter business. His son grew up working on Yamahas , and " loves " working on carbs . In 7 years I have had 2 issues with these stage 7 carbs . 1 was related to the fuel filter , and the other turned out to be a bad plug , and not a carb problem at all , just sounded and ran like one. Call me lucky , but running mid-grade white gas or non-ethanol whenever possible has benefited my Max ( and me ) greatly over the years , with no service issues. I am ready however to substitute a set if necessary. Having a back-up Max helps a bit too. :punk:

Latest posts

Back