what is this/how do i clean it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
Hey all. saw on the right side i have two ports on my carbs that are dirty as hell, not sure what they goto or how to clean them. before i go spraying carb cleaner or air pressure in there wanted to make sure i wouldn't get dirt into the carb bodies. thought maybe its a port for the cali carbs? no idea.. anyways the left side is clean (relatively haha) so just curious if anyone would know why the right side would be more susceptible or anything...

pic 1 and 2 are of the right side. pic 4 is of the right side with the ports circled.

pic 3 is the left side

Attachments

• SSPX0309.jpg
    SSPX0309.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 44
  • SSPX0310.jpg
    SSPX0310.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 36
  • SSPX0311.jpg
    SSPX0311.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 39
  • SSPX0309-2.jpg
    SSPX0309-2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 55
fair enough.. haha.. any real idea what they're for?

It's used during the casting process so they can make the fuel and or air move around the carbs. Without them they can't cast corners into the carb. You'll see similar plugged passages all over the carb body.

Sean

It's used during the casting process so they can make the fuel and or air move around the carbs. Without them they can't cast corners into the carb. You'll see similar plugged passages all over the carb body.

Sean

makes sense! thanks as always Sean.

kind like the hole on my roommates yzf that he thought was the oil drain bolt (not sure how) and took it out and then realized he was wrong. i guess it was for casting the case and only needed 5 ft lbs to sit and he put about 40 into it. took him weeks to find the p/n and get it ordered as its never meant to be removed..

but yea.. thanks! carb cleaner, compressed air/hose here i come

Latest posts

Back