What main jets should I go with next???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No actually I don't have any hesitation anywhere. I am running cops is the only difference between mine and yours. I have a 1/2 step washer under the needle and tied 4 rounds of spring together in the slides.

I also have COPs. No washer, stage 7 springs, stage 1 needles, and drilled slides.

I also have COPs. No washer, stage 7 springs, stage 1 needles, and drilled slides.
Being that close-( I don't think I mentioned I have canadian stock needles so I also have 5 slots) I am on the 1st slot closest to the blunt end with a little larger than 1/2 step washer I made myself-cutting a slot out so that the nub still falls a little in the slot.
I would say you are 1/2 step from being where you need to be an maybe slot 2 from blunt w/1/2 step washer.

Wouldn't the Kerker set up with the Stage 7 require at least 165 mains?

If you used the dynojet jets you could just stick with the stock mains which is about equal to the dynojet mains (the numbers are not correlated). But, it will run better (most of the time) with smaller mains then stock.

Update.....WELL, the needles that are in the carbs are the Canadian OEM needles with the 5 slots at the blunt end. NOT Stage 7 or Factory Pro!!! That explains why she is running so damn lean. So Sean is sending me some Factory Pro Needles (better on gas milage than S7). Meanwhile, I am going to keep playing with these Canadian needles and see what I can do with them....eh!!! I'll let you guys know what progress and set up I come up with.....eh!!

If you ever decide to get rid of the canadian needles I'd take them off your hands. Always wanted to try and set up a bike with them.....just curious see how they run.

In post #24 I stated that I have Canadian needles on the 1st notch with a 1/2 step washer and a self modified 1/2 step under the needle clip-being closer to 2 steps on the needle but not exactly.

In post #24 I stated that I have Canadian needles on the 1st notch with a 1/2 step washer and a self modified 1/2 step under the needle clip-being closer to 2 steps on the needle but not exactly.

Yea, I just did t realize I had them. Once we figured that out, things became more clear.

Okay guys, I got the FP needles from Sean about two weeks ago but haven't had time to work on her yet. Changing out the jets and needles now. I'm going to start with the 157.5's, but might have to go bigger because the block is bored out to 1344cc's. We shall see.

Back