What's this wire for ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

invalidsession

Reaction score
I had the seat off the Max for a re-cover the other day and I noticed a lead from the battery ground terminal. It's about a foot long and has a protective cap on the end. My first thought was it might be perhaps a flying lead for a battery tender but there is no corresponding cable from the positive terminal.
Anyone shed any light on this ?
Thanks guys,

Chris.

The corresponding positive terminal lead has already been removed. Hope that helps.

LOL, that sounds like the battery charger adapter cable that someone bolted on (for a maintainer).

LOL, that sounds like the battery charger adapter cable that someone bolted on (for a maintainer).

It's a factory item stamped "Yamaha"on the shroud. It has a male and female port with a corresponding cover, to cover the terminals while not in use. Tis a fucking mystery since there is nothing whatsoever from the positive side of the battery that would make sense from a charging point of view. :confused2:
Maychance it's a very rare Yamaha item rarely seen by the gods that is worthy of a bidding war on ebay ? :)
Yeah right :(

Chris.

Back