What's wrong with the VMOA site??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
Written by Busters close friend Firefly.

Re: NEED INPUT ABOUT THIS WEBSITE!! GOOD OR BAD!!
1- The default color is not appealing.
2- The inability to delete my messages.
3- The photo section is not organized enough and you can't delete a photo you have posted.
4- The xoops format is not that much better than the free yahoo forums format, I like the v-bulletin format much better and I said so one year before vmaxforum was created.
5- every time I visit the site I have to put in my password?
6- the 3 column format is stuffy and old looking.
7- we cannot post photos in the massage.
8- we have to wait one day for a photo to be posted.
9- the site is not arranged in a logical order ( everything technical) does not cut it and makes it cumbersome to find what you need, not much different than yahoo forums, making categories like 1- cooling, 2- electrical, 3- engine, 4- suspension,5- handling, 6- tires , 7-pros & cons of mods.
8- Oils, 9- important points of maintenance and so on.
while for the none technical section.
things like photos of trips taken, bike photos, riding gear, just photography things we come across while riding and so on.
this is what I suggested to vmaxforum site at its beginnings and now they are doing it so don't feel you are going to imitate them.
10- the smiley collection is a pitiful.
11- the inability to post several photos at once especially if they are a how to do a mod.
12- overall it is stuffy, take a look at FJR or R1 forums using v-bulletin, the more control the less appealing the site gets! like what they did with the vmaxforum.
13- having to wait a day or two for a photo to post then seeing an avatar with a woman sucking on a handle grip?
I feel it is inappropriate and should be removed, what are we 13 years old? or will it turn into an xxx site like the vmaxforum owner with his fa**t santa avatar.
we are not kids, if someone posts something inappropriate thats OK too, then delete it later.
when you post in other sites why not put this site link to promote as your signature, nothing wrong with that.

Photos in messages make things more lively and interesting, when I come to this site I feel I am reading a government form/document :), kinda dry.
Changes always have glitches and we the members should know that and give feed back in a constructive way, this is how a site grows, as the official vmoa site more work needs to be done, it is a gradual process and not an easy one .
that said Steve is doing the best he can and is appreciated.
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif
God help me if they start deleting things I WILL leave the VMOA in a heart beat! Firefly had a lot of good points...

My responce:

I am a mod on two motor cycle forums SV-portal.com and the Vmaxfourm.net
I am of course a member of the VMOA too.

The V-bulletin format is much easier to use, offers more options to the user and the builder. People use what is easiest in most cases.
I imagine you have played with V-bulletin???

The colors do suck. I have to agree with that. Gold and black just don't do it for me.

I also notice that the Vmax community tends to be less apt at using the internet. Maybe it's an older crowd?? Not sure. I use the internet for EVERYTHING. Well not sex...
smil3dbd4e29bbcc7.gif
lol

I think the mods need to be more involved here. Merge duplicate threads, move threads to the right forums and over all bring life into the forum.

Our jobs as moderators are to keep the forum jumping as well as organized.

As for my avatar... Were you sucking motorcycle grips when you were thirteen? Grow up! Go to church and pray that you go to heaven for looking at it...

FYI! If you start just deleting stuff I and many others will leave! Who makes the admin and mods GOD? I haven't and will never delete a post. I will and have put them in a (pointless drivel sub forum) (called the junkyard on the VMF site) or will give infractions but only if they are abusive to other members. Number one way to lose good members that may have slipped and written something bad is to delete what they wrote. There's nothing wrong with P/Ming them and bringing it to their attention.

Just so everyone knows. The VMF has a VMOA discussion sub forum. A lot of us are members... It's not the anti VMOA site or something.

Good luck,
Chris
smil3dbd4e29bbcc7.gif

What an ass...:whistlin:

Please get on there if you're a member and defend my gorgeous avatar and my thoughts if you believe them to be factual and true. Firefly needs to go down! lol

Opinion Disclamer:

V.M.O.A. is a P.I.T.A.

As for Firefly......He ain't from Idaho, I'll tell ya that.

My responce:

Tsk, tsk, tsk.... and you're a Mod there too, you say! LOL....

Tsk, tsk, tsk.... and you're a Mod there too, you say! LOL....

DOH!:bang head:

I will fix... Lets see this old avatar Buster...

Stupid forum... can't edit after being quoted... LAME!

If you're a member of the VMOA please post what you don't like and do like there...

Is there a way to search the site? I haven't figured out a way.

I agree, the colors suck. Hard to read and tires the eyes. I change to another color but have to do that every time I log in.

Can't browse just new posts.

It is only slightly better than the Yahoo crap.

Wish they would convert to the same as this site.

BTW, my VMOA number is 782 so I am not a newcomer....

Written by Busters close friend Firefly.

Re: NEED INPUT ABOUT THIS WEBSITE!! GOOD OR BAD!!
God help me if they start deleting things I WILL leave the VMOA in a heart beat! Firefly had a lot of good points...

My responce:

The V-bulletin format is much easier to use, offers more options to the user and the builder. People use what is easiest in most cases.
I imagine you have played with V-bulletin???

The colors do suck. I have to agree with that. Gold and black just don't do it for me.

I also notice that the Vmax community tends to be less apt at using the internet. Maybe it's an older crowd?? Not sure. I use the internet for EVERYTHING. Well not sex...
smil3dbd4e29bbcc7.gif
lol

I think the mods need to be more involved here. Merge duplicate threads, move threads to the right forums and over all bring life into the forum.

Our jobs as moderators are to keep the forum jumping as well as organized.

As for my avatar... Were you sucking motorcycle grips when you were thirteen? Grow up! Go to church and pray that you go to heaven for looking at it...

FYI! If you start just deleting stuff I and many others will leave! Who makes the admin and mods GOD? I haven't and will never delete a post. I will and have put them in a (pointless drivel sub forum) (called the junkyard on the VMF site) or will give infractions but only if they are abusive to other members. Number one way to lose good members that may have slipped and written something bad is to delete what they wrote. There's nothing wrong with P/Ming them and bringing it to their attention.

Just so everyone knows. The VMF has a VMOA discussion sub forum. A lot of us are members... It's not the anti VMOA site or something.

Good luck,
Chris
smil3dbd4e29bbcc7.gif

What an ass...:whistlin:

Please get on there if you're a member and defend my gorgeous avatar and my thoughts if you believe them to be factual and true. Firefly needs to go down! lol

Who was bitching about your avatar?

I tried the VMOA site plenty but finally gave up on it. Too damn boring and like every one else says it's not much better than the Yahho list for friendliness and ease of use.

Can't find anything on it and not being able to edit your posts really sucks.

What if I want to say something really inflammotory, piss somebody off and then go back and edit my post so that it looks like they started it and not me:biglaugh:
J/K

Is Firefly active on VMOA site now? I wondered where he went? He had a lot of good posts to go along with his stupid ones and contributed some pretty good technical info on occasion.

As for the Avatar?

I love it and am still trying to get my wife to pose for one just like it.

And calling someone immature or 13 when I know what kind of posts they've made in the past that were abusive and immature makes them a serious hypocrite.

Not to say I'm not immature also but at least I admit it and enjoy it.

And by the way isn't sex what the internet IS for???

Rusty

5-19-06 was his last post
Stay with us here Shawn...:whistlin::biglaugh: He posted this on the VMOA. He is now a regular there...

He must be a prude or something.:clapping:

He posted later stating he has no issues with me... Just my choice of avatars and Busters too... If Buster or admin there told me to remove it, I would. I wouldn't like it, but I would do it. After reading this quarters Vboost rag I am contemplating letting my membership run out. It's just ads and B.S. in the whole thing. :whistlin: Just MHO

Firefly just showed up and started posting about all that he knows... Ever see his bike? Damn... What happened...

Stay with us here Shawn...:whistlin::biglaugh: He posted this on the VMOA. He is now a regular there...

He must be a prude or something.:clapping:

He posted later stating he has no issues with me... Just my choice of avatars and Busters too... If Buster or admin there told me to remove it, I would. I wouldn't like it, but I would do it. After reading this quarters Vboost rag I am contemplating letting my membership run out. It's just ads and B.S. in the whole thing. :whistlin: Just MHO

Firefly just showed up and started posting about all that he knows... Ever see his bike? Damn... What happened...

I don't know what the big deal is about people's avatars!:ummm: I'm on a forum where a guy had to change his avatar because the chick in the picture was showing some cleavage! Yes, just a bit of cleavage! Their "swear" filter also works overtime.
I'm also laughing at the irony of Ibrahim complaining about the maturity level of the people that post and that this forum is xxx rated!:banana: .... of course I am naked while I post this!! :biglaugh: . Chris, I'll dig up my X-rated Santa avatar I used for the "spirit of Christmas".

edit: found the avatar

Attachments

• drunk_santa-small.gif
    drunk_santa-small.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 38
I don't know what the big deal is about people's avatars!:ummm: I'm on a forum where a guy had to change his avatar because the chick in the picture was showing some cleavage! Yes, just a bit of cleavage! Their "swear" filter also works overtime.
I'm also laughing at the irony of Ibrahim complaining about the maturity level of the people that post and that this forum is xxx rated!:banana: .... of course I am naked while I post this!! :biglaugh: . Chris, I'll dig up my X-rated Santa avatar I used for the "spirit of Christmas".

edit: found the avatar

I freakin love it... I should SOOOOO use it on the VMOA board now...:whistlin: :clapping: I wonder if their antiquated site will allow GIF's...:hmmm:

Can I use it on my SV board? :punk:

Here's the site owners/head Admin on the SV forum... Open it for the FULL effect... :banana:The way I look at it... If you don't like seeing them here then turn off that option... The nice thing about Vbulletin is you CAN turn off images...

Attachments

52.6 KB · Views: 13
firefly is an A** hole!:damn angry:

And the VMOA is a waste of time, same questions over and over on their forum. How many times can you discuss what is the best oil, tires, anti frezze etc.....

Its a 27 year old bike design give it a rest all ready.

Now lets talk about something that is realy interesting, should I use regular or high test gas in my V-Max:confused2:

firefly is an A** hole!:damn angry:

And the VMOA is a waste of time, same questions over and over on their forum. How many times can you discuss what is the best oil, tires, anti frezze etc.....

Its a 27 year old bike design give it a rest all ready.

Now lets talk about something that is realy interesting, should I use regular or high test gas in my V-Max:confused2:

LOL it's only a 22 year old design unless you're counting the Venture...:confused2:

Oh and regular...:thumbs up::whistlin:

I don't think Fire Fly is truely an A hole. (not far off) I think he's an idiot that can't apoligize when he's wrong...:whistlin:

Cheers

Back