wheel offset

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I dont get is why....with all the modern machine facilties couldn't they get it central...if aftermarket guys can surely the factory could...
I know when I get mine and we modify a rear wheel to fit it will be aligned...it goes against all logic not to.

Apologies if I have missed this earlier in the post but no-one seems to have mentioned using a RH adjustable swinging arm pivot (1J7-22141-00-00 - pivot & 1J7-22143-00-00 - lock nut) on the LH side to replace the fixed one.

This should allow you to shift the arm over a bit.

If you look at any current manual for the vmax you'll see pages and pages where the supplement was changed because they didn't get it "right" the first time. Once you have production going it's not a cheap proposition to change it.

There may be some scientific reason for the offset. If I were to "guess" it's maybe due to the increased weight of the rear diff and drivetrain forces on that left side.

Sean

Not something I will spend too much time fretting about, although I do want an extended swingarm down the road.

Back