When to adjust valvetrain

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
When to adjust valve's?

I cant get the pdf service manual to work right on my laptop. When are the recommended valve adjustments due? My bike has 12,000 miles now running 15W40 Rotella and i notice quite a bit of valve/engine noise when idling. Thanks

I know this woman located in GA that loves to valve adjustements on VMAX engines hell she may even travel to Illinois to do it!

At 12K I would pop the covers and stick some feeler gauges at em.

Re: When to adjust valve's?

I cant get the pdf service manual to work right on my laptop. When are the recommended valve adjustments due? My bike has 12,000 miles now running 15W40 Rotella and i notice quite a bit of valve/engine noise when idling. Thanks

If my memory serves me right, its around 24k miles.

are you sure it's valve noise? Mine's quite noisy on idle too but it's mostly from the clutch.

Do you hear a difference on idle when you pull the clutch lever in?

Also, syncing carbs should be done regularly - it does make a night and day difference in the running of the bike, like brilliant or totally shite..

DON'T DO IT!!!
DON'T TOUCH THOSE VALVES!!!

Unless it's knocking like a tax collector, DON'T TOUCH THE DAMN VALVES!

(Just read my posts, it got reaalllll ugly.)

hahaha there's advice if ever I saw some!

I still wanna do mine - at 42k miles it must be nearly due (ok 26,600 x 2 = 53,200) but I have no idea who/when did it last..

you know, i never noticed if it did it with the clutch pulled in. It dosnt sound like its knocking real bad or anything, just a noise i dont like that sounds like its coming from the back passenger side cylinder up towards the top. Im in west Virginia till saturday so ill check with the clutch pulled in when i get home.

Latest posts

Back