Where to buy???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6spdbbody

Reaction score
I'm looking to lower my 99 Vmax 2 inches in the front and 1.5 inches in the rear. The rear isn't a problem, i've found the shocks i need to get (11.5 inches right?). The front is where i don't know where to get the stuff from. I've heard the race-tech springs and emulators were the way to go, but have no clue where to find them or even how much they are. So any help would be appreciated, thanx a lot!

I'm looking to lower my 99 Vmax 2 inches in the front and 1.5 inches in the rear. The rear isn't a problem, i've found the shocks i need to get (11.5 inches right?). The front is where i don't know where to get the stuff from. I've heard the race-tech springs and emulators were the way to go, but have no clue where to find them or even how much they are. So any help would be appreciated, thanx a lot!

You answered your question...

Race-Tech...

http://www.racetech.com/

Progressive also makes front springs and sells them with the lowering springs as well... I just did this to a Vmax last night and he loves it... A couple Qts. of 15wt oil and you're golden...

I have Race-Tech with Emulators in mine and they are unbelievable!:drool:

11.5 inch is right for the rear. I have mine down 2 in front and 1.5 in back. PERFECT!

Cheers,
Chris

For another option try www.pythonmotorsports.com, they have a Progressive Spring set with a 1 to 2" lowering kit bundled in.

The fella is really great to deal with even when shipping up north to CanukLand.

I picked up a set of the RaceTech Gold Valves (from the RaceTech site) and will be pairing them with the Progessive Springs.

You coauld also call racetech and have a set of lowering springs/emulators built for you.
I was there this summer and picked up a set, great people and very easy to deal with.

So can i just get the progressive front springs to lower the front end 2 inches or do i have to get the emulators too??? I haven't actually got to tear into the bike and learn a lot about it yet so all this is new to me. My last bike was a 2003 Suzuki SV1000S that stayed stock the whole time i had it. It was fun, but i didn't ride the way ppl are expected to ride them kind of bikes around here, i'd rather just cruise and do 100ft rolling burnouts, haha! But thanx guys!!!

You can get the lowering spings minus the emulators. The emulators improve the fork action and reduce dive under braking.

Good deal, i can always go back and put them in later down the road right?? Also since i'm gettin such quick responses, will a 170-80-15 fit on the rear with no shimming or modifications?

Yes, you can get the emulators later down the road. It would suck to have to take the forks apart twice though.

A 170 will fit, but specific brands only. I will do a search in a little while and see if I can find/post it here.

Good deal, i can always go back and put them in later down the road right?? Also since i'm gettin such quick responses, will a 170-80-15 fit on the rear with no shimming or modifications?

Yes to the tire. You can add the emulators later, but you would have to take apart the forks again. If you are just cruising I wouldn't bother with the emulators.

Wow....fast responses. I was on the python motorsports site and saw the dunlop they sold would fit with no modifications. What about a car tire? anybody ever run like a 165-80 or something like that? My dad has a car tire on his valkrie and he loves it, has a ton of miles on it and it's still good to go and he said it didn't change handling much on his bike either.

One more thing, muscle seats, who do i need to talk to and what's the going price of one? Thanx again.

Back