which mods are the most essential poll

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
The most essential mods to do on a bone stock max

Last edited:
BRAKES !!!! Has to be #1 for sure.

Then I would go with front fork springs, then tires.

Any other mod after that I think is more personal preference. My bike has never had the fix to the steering done. Ferbur fix. I hope I spelled that right. It handles fine so - If it ain't broke don't fix it. It may have more to do with the bearings than the rubber washer....that's my opinion.

Other than that, I'd say put in the manual fan switch and maybe the thermal switch although I never replaced mine just cleaned the crap off it. More comfortable seat would be nice.

I'm in the process or polishing all the aluminum parts, scoops, rims, levers and ect... I think it will look great but it's allot of work. But it's a mod that's cheap to do and I'm not riding it now anyways...

Aftermarket exhaust is the best thing to me.

You can go from a very quiet bike to a very badass sounding bike for $700-800.I was hooked after hearing my first aftermarket system.

Just my .02

A "Tune up" of the front steering neck assembly. Whether it is a simple adjustment or a total rebuild including bearings and races. Proper setup is crucial on this..my bearings went bad at 15000 miles.

Better rear shocks
Fork springs
Cartridge Emulators
Frame Braces
Fork Brace
Brake system upgrade
Wheels that will allow the use of radial tires-(way expensive, hope to do this one in the future but Kids, college, and trying to act like an adult about where the money goes have stopped me so far)
Handle bars of your liking
Rear sets-(for me anyway, I like mine and it's changed the whole attitude of riding style.....)

Good exhaust

After that I think either cosmetic or performance mods that make you happy

To me the brakes are perfectly adequate for the job, although if you ever ride a sportbike you will hate the Max brakes. I plan on upgrading mine someday but have never considered it a safety issue. Just a feedback and finger strength issue. I've done some pretty serious canyon carving on the bike and have never had the brakes give me a problem. I run EBC pads-the good ones...

Last edited:
Back