Which Vmax to Pick?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is there a big performance gain in slip-ons over a 4-1? my 4-1 isn't in very good shape..

Absolutely not. Slip-ons sound better and weigh less, but perform exactly like the stock exhaust. That's zero gain in HP.

The 4-1 has bigger headers that do make a difference, especially in conjunction with a Stage 7 or Morley Jet kit. It's also a helluva lot louder, especially the Kerker IMO.

Absolutely not. Slip-ons sound better and weigh less, but perform exactly like the stock exhaust. That's zero gain in HP.

The 4-1 has bigger headers that do make a difference, especially in conjunction with a Stage 7 or Morley Jet kit. It's also a helluva lot louder, especially the Kerker IMO.

So is it worth the hassle to try to switch the exhausts or not? I have heard 4-1 are a PITA to put on..

Well it's up to you... Do you want the added power and noise from the Kerker? Then swap it.

Would you rather have a bit less power and noise (but be able to keep the center stand)? Then leave it.

Also, you only need to swap the carb rack (with stage 7 and pod filters) if you swap the exhaust.

Dude if that kerker has been on that bike for a while it "WILL" be a pain in the arse to get off. The rear primaries rust into the loop part on the kerker. I would invest in some PB blaster before you get into it. Good luck to ya

Its been on there for at least ten years, I think I will let it on there, looks like some one did there own welding on it and they werent very good. Plus the guy I bought it off let the silencer loosen up and fall off goin down the highway and it doesnt look very good. Ill put the stage 7 and Pods on but there cant be too much difference in the head pipe between the 2..

There is actually quite a big difference in headers. Don't bother moving the stage 7 and pods if you don't move the exhaust too, as it'll make both bikes run like shite..

Its been on there for at least ten years, I think I will let it on there, looks like some one did there own welding on it and they werent very good. Plus the guy I bought it off let the silencer loosen up and fall off goin down the highway and it doesnt look very good. Ill put the stage 7 and Pods on but there cant be too much difference in the head pipe between the 2..

If you want you can contact Kerker thru SuperTrapp to get a new muffler body. Or email me at [email protected].

A new muffler for the Kerker 4:2:1 system with packing and core would be part # 6292 and the retail cost is US$320.60.

Feel free to email me or go to our website & forum at www.supertrapp.com
both SuperTrapp & Kerker are based in Cleveland, Oh.

Later, Gerry:eusa_dance:

why not sell the kerker AND supertrapp slip ons, then put that towards a new kerker?

I say neither and take your Dad's 2nd Gen. Tell him to consider it an early withdrawal from your inheritance! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back