White stuff in the air box pipe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Rider

Reaction score
Ok... as I was replacing HT leads today I had to remove air box as well. I found some white creamy stuff in the pipe which is connected to the middle of the air box (at the rear, between the carbs). Any ideas where this came fom and what's the reason for it :ummm::ummm::ummm: It looks like oil mixed with water if you know what I mean. Is this a breather pipe from the crankcase or what? If it is, why there's this white stuff??? :ummm: I have clean oil, no white sh*t on the oil cap or in the old oil itself. Coolant keeps the same level all the time so it's unlikely that I have some leak of coolant into oil.

Any ideas :ummm:

Yep, it's the breather pipe. The oil will foam a little bit there but as long as you change it at least every 2-3 thousand miles you're fine.

Mark

Yep, it's the breather pipe. The oil will foam a little bit there but as long as you change it at least every 2-3 thousand miles you're fine.

Mark

Thanks :thumbs up: Is it something to be worried about? :ummm: What causes this? :ummm:

It's from the oil sloshing around. Castrol GTX and Rotella foam about the same amount. Best I've used w/o much foam was Castrol motorcycle oil with actevo.

Mark

Thanks :thumbs up: I understand that there's nothing to be worried about :ummm: I use Castrol Power 1 GPS 4T (red oil) but I think Silkolene has better quality and I'll try it out next time :thumbs up:

usually white creamy stuff your talking about is oil not geting up to temp to burn of water in oil...water moisture in oil turns creamy..that line goes to air box for one reason epa......lots of other bikes just run the line to the ground...where the max is hard piped people just seem to leave them going to the air box

Back