Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Who Are You

Speaking of Monte's, used to own a bright green (stock) '74 Landau. Loved that car...just floated down the highway. Only a 350 small...gutless engine for that heavy of a car.

Male KO

They didn't have that much "go" in stock form, but with a little help :biglaugh:
The 350 I shoehorned into a 76 LUV truck was lots of fun!

My turn

37 years old, do traffic engineering for the City of Calgary.
Married with 1 son and a dog and my 88 Vmax (mistress)

Into Mustangs, dirtbikes, ATV's. Just picked up a KX60 for Brennan, and a 350X for me.:banana:

First pic is when my son first found out I had finally bought a Vmax
Second one is me and my wife in Ventura CA this past Feb.

Attachments

• Pics 030.jpg
    Pics 030.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Ventura.jpg
    Ventura.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

OK guess it's my turn...

I live just east of Pittsburgh( big steeler fan):punk:
Been married for 8 years with no kids.

I started a window & gutter cleaning business right out of high school twenty years ago. I'm also in the process of taking over a closet business my father started. It's mostly design & installation of closet shelving in new construction homes.

My hobbies are bowhunting,bowfishing,skiing,scuba diving & of course fast motorcycles!

The pictures are of my wife Amy on vacation & me with the max & our golden (tucker).

How old is tucker? I love retrievers...he looks "wise"

Tucker is 10 years old now, starting to get grey in the face as you can see.
He has been a great dog, hope he hangs in there for another 5 more.

My Daughters Jack Russell Terrier Sam is 16 years old now. Deaf and mostly blind, starting to have incontinence, but as sweet as ever and as much a part of the family as my wife who has only been around half as long as the dog.

it's good to keep the wife guessing :)

Attachments

• Sam5.jpg
    Sam5.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 20

I'm almost 40,industrial electrician,married to Luauna with 2 boys Shawn and Shayne.I like hunting,fishing,shooting,speedboats,snow skiing,drag racing and motorcycles.I have a pure white jack russel ,Bandit.NO CATS!

Attachments

• IM000092.jpg
    IM000092.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 18
  • IM000644.jpg
    IM000644.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 18
  • IM000340.jpg
    IM000340.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 25
  • shawn n lu.jpg
    shawn n lu.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IM000361.jpg
    IM000361.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 76_12.jpg
    76_12.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 39
  • S2400046.jpg
    S2400046.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 31

Nice looking family Shawn, you don't have a brother that lives in Mo. do you?....I work with a guy that could just about be your twin....lol

I think this has been one of the best and most benificial threads ever, I think of all you as my friends so it's nice to put a face with a name and know a little more about each other.

Looks like everyone has some interesting Hobbies, careers and family.

Rusty

maybe BUSTER will make it a sticky? By the way i havnt seen BUSTER post any replies in here yet. Where you at BUSTER??? heh

Lets see.

I'm turning 30 a bit later this year. At work I'm titled as a Lan Engineer, but they are about to change the title for some reason. Basicly, I work in one of JPMogran Chases's call centers and I take care of the 1000 workstations, 30 servers and more damn cat5 then I care to mention.

I'm married, have one step daughter, a small heard of cats, and one dog.

Hobbies include computers, VW's (we have 6) and Motorcycles. My wife also rides and aspires to tame the Max some day. I have no doubt she will pull this off.

Pic time. Me on the Max the day I bought it.

PA130008.sized.jpg

Wife on her Suzuki

P1010768.sized.jpg

My daughter killing pumpkins last year

P1010807.sized.jpg

Another shot of my wife and her favorite car

P1010020.sized.jpg

Me and the Max on the Dragons Tail last year

07814_G.sized.jpg

And at last, the Max and the SV out in the country.

P1010785.sized.jpg

Hey Shawn,

I am a little dissapointed your Boat isn't powered by a Vmax. :hmmm:
I do not think the vmax puts out the power like the 200gt.Stock it came with 245hp.Its a V6 2 stroke,loop charged.I've done some work to it too.Its pushing close to 300 hp now.A 500lb boat with a 550lb motor can really haul some ass.It does over 100mph very easily.

calimus i think im digging the background in that pumpkin picture! :thumbs up:

LOL, that would be one of my two sisters. She's currently off the market though as is my other sister it would seem. We are just waiting for wedding announcements from both of them. Took them long enough.

Gauge and I (Pic 1)
Gary and I (Pic 2)

Attachments

• Vmax & Nathan.jpg
    Vmax & Nathan.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_2892.jpg
    100_2892.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 20

My turn

37 years old, do traffic engineering for the City of Calgary.
Married with 1 son and a dog and my 88 Vmax (mistress)

Into Mustangs, dirtbikes, ATV's. Just picked up a KX60 for Brennan, and a 350X for me.:banana:

First pic is when my son first found out I had finally bought a Vmax
Second one is me and my wife in Ventura CA this past Feb.

Hey i was sent out to ventura california last october to work, its a pretty nice town. We were up in the mountains clearing brush on an oil lease. I was staying at some place called the vagabond inn and literally a 5 minute walk from the pier! Im stuck in stupid chicago now tho :(

IMG_1472Custom.jpg

IMG_1469Custom.jpg

IMG_1451Custom.jpg

IMG_1417Custom.jpg

Back