windshield

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman1961

Reaction score
where can one purchase the little smoked windshield I see on lots of the bikes here? thanks:eusa_dance:

There are two common sources, one is a Yamaha o.e.m. accessory. You should be able to pick-up a used one from someone here for $100 or less, I think they retail for about $150.

The other popular piece is a GIVI designed for the VMax (model A123), it's the one w/the engraving on the middle of it.

If you want more coverage, you can look at different clear windshields which are easily removable, the type that mounts to the handlebar for touring or can be removed for around-town during the hotter days of the summer.

Wanna do 'retro?' Throw-on a Vetter Windjammer, I bet you can find some cheap at swap meets! Or the Shoei narrow-batwing, or the EMGO 'dolphin' nose only, the style the BMW R90S used.

thumbnail.aspx
0.0.1.varc_a123.jpg

Shoei_FM2_Classic_Fairing.jpeg
thumbnail.aspx

Sorry folks don't mean to butt in here , but is the givi shield a little bigger than oem shield?

anyone seen the yamaha vmax windshield with a wings design on the front? saw one on ebay a few months back, without the hardware.

anyone seen the yamaha vmax windshield with a wings design on the front? saw one on ebay a few months back, without the hardware.

That is called the Mini III shield even though it is somewhat large. Available with and without the wings. I have one without the wings for trips. Think it is discontinued but not sure. Wouldn't recommend buying anything without the hardware as can be hard to find.

The Yamaha OEM flyscreen is fairly small and is a light smoke color. It directs the air blast off your chest but instead straight at your face. I'm only 5-8 as well, so for taller people it may be more neck level. It creates just enough of a "bubble" at high speeds, say 100+, to crouch down behind. You will still get 100% soaked in the rain.

The Givi one is clear and a bit larger, so I'd assume gives a bit more coverage. It's also still being made and readily available, while I think the OEM flyscreen went out of production a while ago, so they're getting more difficult to find.

Personally I've always thought fairings or big windshields just don't "go" with the Vmax....some bikes can wear them reasonably well, but on a Max a big slab of plexiglass bolted to the front sticks out like a sore thumb.

+1 for Givi.
Sporty and short but still makes a difference. It looks cool too!
I bought mine for a little over $100.

Back