Wow battery thanks for nothing!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestions for pre season maintience? shaft oil change? oil change obviously, cant wait to get new tires on also to see how it rides also

Some type of fuel treatment, and "the shotgun" or "pea shooter". The carbs on the VMax are sensitive (at least mine are), and making sure they're clean goes a long way. Last year, despite running it at lest once every couple weeks during the winter, my Max was suddenly hitting reserve after only 80 miles, and topping out around 115 mph. I did the "pea shooter" and ran a couple tanks of gas with Sea Foam through it (about a quarter of the bottle per full tank), and it was back up to 110 miles before reserve and 140-145 mph.

I know Sea Foam is over-priced, and some folks say it's snake oil, but it has worked every time I've used it. BG makes a product (44K ?)that's supposed to be good, if you can find it, and Techron seems to keep the carbs clean, too.

I have heard that same sound when using the choke. It sounds funny to me also. I was sorta worried that something was hitting inside the motor. But the sound will go away as you remove the choke before the motor starts. After it starts the sound is gone. To me it sounds like something metal hitting metal.

Ya thats the very same noise i got right away now that i put some miles on it it doesnt do it anymore, sounds pretty gross:ummm: like someones banging on the inside of the cylinder with a hammer or something

Back